GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SEGA developing for Nintendo - good or bad?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/10/01 at 17:07
Regular
Now that SEGA have become third party developers, what are your opinions on their decision to develop for Nintendo consoles, along with other formats? SEGA will be developing for both Gamecube and Game Boy Advance. Here's the current Gamecube list (or at least what I've heard of):

Phantasy Star Online: ver. 2
Planet Harriers
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Super Monkey Ball
Virtua Striker 3: ver. 2001

And here's their Game Boy Advance list (or at least what I've heard of):

Advance Columns
ChuChu Rocket!
Poyo Poyo
Sonic Adenture

Get posting people! I especially want to hear from Edgy, because he always has really good and unbiased opinions about laods of subjects.
Sat 20/10/01 at 23:47
Regular
LOL that's a game that I wouldn't mind getting. I've resorted to playing emulated Streets of Rage, still damn good fun though.
Sat 20/10/01 at 23:33
Regular
So is monkey ball just a reworking of marble madness? (not necessarily a bad thing)

Streets of Rage. Okay, i'm getting cg! If only i could find fighting force 64 for less than 40 pounds my life would be complete!
Sat 20/10/01 at 23:26
Regular
Joe_Poly wrote:
> What's Streets of Rage and Golden Axe?

You are joking aren't you?

Im lookin for a Streets of Rage 3D update and maybe even Goldenaxe, there's tons of games in Segas back catalogue that are just begging for an update.

Virtua Cop, Outrun, Space Harrier etc etc
Sat 20/10/01 at 22:42
Regular
Cooky wrote:
> No way could Super Monkey Ball be better than Wave Race!

WAVE RAVE
> rocks!!!

:)

Monkey Ball rocks AND rolls AND has everything I want out of a long lasting game.

it'll be the game I get with the system.
I only wish I didn't have to wait so long for it...
Sat 20/10/01 at 20:15
Regular
What's Streets of Rage and Golden Axe?
Sat 20/10/01 at 19:02
Mattyboy wrote:
> I also think its a good thing!!

Sega are apparantly going to release a Smash
> Pack for the GBA including classics such as the original Sonic, Golden Axe,
> Streets of Rage... This was suppose to be released for DC but how awesome will
> it be on the GBA!!

If this is true i'm gonna be pre-ordering the smash pack from SR straight away :)

Streets Of rage is a true classic, now all SEGA need to do is release some really old games like Alex Kid in the Enchanted forest, that game totally ruled
Sat 20/10/01 at 18:39
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Well it's obviously going to be good for many reasons, one huge one being that IF Nintendo decide not to make their Internet capabilities wide area then Sega will have their servers up and running when the console is launched!

Pantasy Online anyone?
Sat 20/10/01 at 18:10
Regular
I also like Wave Race, to me it seems the best out of the three Japanise launch titles.
Sat 20/10/01 at 16:57
Regular
"Remember me?"
Strafex wrote:
> How could being able to play Sega games be a bad thing?

NGC agree with
> me.
The magazine staff (including the REAL Dark Mark ;-P) rated Monkey Ball
> better than Wave Race and Luigi's Mansion.
I think that I'd also agree.

I haven't bought N64 / NGC mag for a while, so I haven't read any reviews of Gamecube games, let alone SEGA Gamecube games. And the real Dark Mark might work in a magazine, but I'm a rocket scientist and have only one pubic hair. Er, ignore that last bit. PLEASE!
Sat 20/10/01 at 00:15
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
No way could Super Monkey Ball be better than Wave Race!

WAVE RAVE rocks!!!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.