GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SEGA developing for Nintendo - good or bad?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/10/01 at 17:07
Regular
Now that SEGA have become third party developers, what are your opinions on their decision to develop for Nintendo consoles, along with other formats? SEGA will be developing for both Gamecube and Game Boy Advance. Here's the current Gamecube list (or at least what I've heard of):

Phantasy Star Online: ver. 2
Planet Harriers
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Super Monkey Ball
Virtua Striker 3: ver. 2001

And here's their Game Boy Advance list (or at least what I've heard of):

Advance Columns
ChuChu Rocket!
Poyo Poyo
Sonic Adenture

Get posting people! I especially want to hear from Edgy, because he always has really good and unbiased opinions about laods of subjects.
Fri 19/10/01 at 17:07
Regular
"Remember me?"
Now that SEGA have become third party developers, what are your opinions on their decision to develop for Nintendo consoles, along with other formats? SEGA will be developing for both Gamecube and Game Boy Advance. Here's the current Gamecube list (or at least what I've heard of):

Phantasy Star Online: ver. 2
Planet Harriers
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Super Monkey Ball
Virtua Striker 3: ver. 2001

And here's their Game Boy Advance list (or at least what I've heard of):

Advance Columns
ChuChu Rocket!
Poyo Poyo
Sonic Adenture

Get posting people! I especially want to hear from Edgy, because he always has really good and unbiased opinions about laods of subjects.
Fri 19/10/01 at 17:50
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I heard that Virtua Striker was surpose to be a good game so I went out and bought Virtua Striker ver 2 over the summer. It's a really BAD football game compared to footy games such as ISS! Please don't bother giving us a Gamecube version Sega!

I like the fact that Sonic is comming to Gamecube though because i've got the first one on my Dreamcast and it was a good game!

And as for Phantasy Star Online 2, I think this is a good start to keeping the RPG bandwagon rolling on the Gamecube!

:)
Fri 19/10/01 at 17:51
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I heard that Virtua Striker was surpose to be a good game so I went out and bought Virtua Striker ver 2 over the summer. It's a really BAD football game compared to footy games such as ISS! Please don't bother giving us a Gamecube version Sega!

I like the fact that Sonic is comming to Gamecube though because i've got the first one on my Dreamcast and it was a good game!

And as for Phantasy Star Online 2, I think this is a good start to keeping the RPG bandwagon rolling on the Gamecube!

A new souped up version of Sega Rally would be a good addition to Sega's release list for Gamecube games!

Fri 19/10/01 at 17:54
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
DOH! Dam the screen for not refreshing quick enough after pressing the post button!

Fri 19/10/01 at 18:18
Regular
"Remember me?"
Cooky wrote:
> I heard that Virtua Striker was surpose to be a good game so I went out and
> bought Virtua Striker ver 2 over the summer. It's a really BAD football game
> compared to footy games such as ISS! Please don't bother giving us a Gamecube
> version Sega!

I like the fact that Sonic is comming to Gamecube though
> because i've got the first one on my Dreamcast and it was a good game!

And as
> for Phantasy Star Online 2, I think this is a good start to keeping the RPG
> bandwagon rolling on the Gamecube!

A new souped up version of Sega Rally
> would be a good addition to Sega's release list for Gamecube games!

SEGA Rally would be pretty cool on the Gamecube, 'cos the arcade version was pure class. Crazy Taxi, Daytona USA and a House of the Dead game would also be great.
Fri 19/10/01 at 19:48
Regular
I think that it's a good thing
Fri 19/10/01 at 20:52
Regular
"Whatever!"
I also think its a good thing!!

Sega are apparantly going to release a Smash Pack for the GBA including classics such as the original Sonic, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage... This was suppose to be released for DC but how awesome will it be on the GBA!!
Fri 19/10/01 at 23:36
Regular
How could being able to play Sega games be a bad thing?

NGC agree with me.
The magazine staff (including the REAL Dark Mark ;-P) rated Monkey Ball better than Wave Race and Luigi's Mansion.
I think that I'd also agree.
Sat 20/10/01 at 00:15
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
No way could Super Monkey Ball be better than Wave Race!

WAVE RAVE rocks!!!

Sat 20/10/01 at 16:57
Regular
"Remember me?"
Strafex wrote:
> How could being able to play Sega games be a bad thing?

NGC agree with
> me.
The magazine staff (including the REAL Dark Mark ;-P) rated Monkey Ball
> better than Wave Race and Luigi's Mansion.
I think that I'd also agree.

I haven't bought N64 / NGC mag for a while, so I haven't read any reviews of Gamecube games, let alone SEGA Gamecube games. And the real Dark Mark might work in a magazine, but I'm a rocket scientist and have only one pubic hair. Er, ignore that last bit. PLEASE!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.