GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HA! Take THAT, Burnout 2!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 2'.
Tue 17/06/03 at 19:21
Regular
Well I got Burnout 2 the other day and it's flippin' great. But I just finished one of the hardest gaming things I've done in a while - unlocking the driving school car. You need Gold medals in all 6 lessons.

Now, the first five were the proverbial pieces of cake, but the sixth was KILLER. Get from a to b < 36 seconds. Almost impossible unless you follow an exact set path, triggering your boost at the exact right places. And I did it.

HAHA!

So what's the hardest thing you've done in gaming lately?
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:05
Regular
"  "
The learner car is probably the easiest bonus car to unlock... :S

Anyhow, I thought beating 5 T3P members on SOCOM was quite hard, but I didn't, they beat me, so that doesn't count...
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Actually, I found that particular challenge in Burnout 2 to be one of the easiest of the lot!

I found all the Training ones easy, and got Golds in each-one!
...Except for the one where you had to do loads of skidding - which I only got around to finishing the other day, and unlocked the brilliant Student Driver's Car.

I'm amazed at how good this car actually is!
Thu 19/06/03 at 17:54
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
Hedfix wrote:
> Legendary Link wrote:
> U want a hard game? buy a copy of Midnight Club 2, not only does it
> require 10 thousand more brain cells to play than burnout 2, but it
> is
> also extreamly fast and hard.
>
> Finding it a bit easy/ (i doubt u would) then you can notch up the
> difficulty even more on a scale of 1-7.
>
> One of the hardest games i have played, but in no way repetative,
> boring or enoying.
>
> I had PGR for a long time. i think I'll stick with Quantum Redshift,
> Need For Speed and Burnout 2. If I play racers I want to have traffic,
> crashes, police chases or to be shot at. Otherwise the game has no
> longevity for me.
So true, yet so beautiful
Wed 18/06/03 at 22:05
Regular
"8==="
Legendary Link wrote:
> U want a hard game? buy a copy of Midnight Club 2, not only does it
> require 10 thousand more brain cells to play than burnout 2, but it is
> also extreamly fast and hard.
>
> Finding it a bit easy/ (i doubt u would) then you can notch up the
> difficulty even more on a scale of 1-7.
>
> One of the hardest games i have played, but in no way repetative,
> boring or enoying.

I had PGR for a long time. i think I'll stick with Quantum Redshift, Need For Speed and Burnout 2. If I play racers I want to have traffic, crashes, police chases or to be shot at. Otherwise the game has no longevity for me.
Wed 18/06/03 at 22:02
Regular
"8==="
Yes, I get annoyed when a computer player is 'cheating' by being able to do things the player cannot. I don't get annoyed at computer player 'speed starts' in Burnout 2 and Monkey Ball 2 but those are examples of how computer players are given an advantage. If this led to them winning a lot I would find it annoying.

I'd say out of the games I own, Time Splitters 2 is the most annoying.
It tries so hard to be difficult, and succeeds. Unfortunately it doesn't give you the accuracy with which to fight back with, or the realism to actually make you give a damn. It's like a muppet version of Goldeneye.
Wed 18/06/03 at 21:57
Regular
U want a hard game? buy a copy of Midnight Club 2, not only does it require 10 thousand more brain cells to play than burnout 2, but it is also extreamly fast and hard.

Finding it a bit easy/ (i doubt u would) then you can notch up the difficulty even more on a scale of 1-7.

One of the hardest games i have played, but in no way repetative, boring or enoying.
Wed 18/06/03 at 21:53
When i get tuck on games i get very fustrated and angry very quickly and tart cursing at the t.v...
But i dont think that i have played any hard games for a while now...
Wed 18/06/03 at 21:11
"Uzi Lover"
I got Gold on them all easy.

I got it on a Saturday morning and completed it the Sunday afternoon. But Phuzzy man says I'm crap.
Wed 18/06/03 at 20:44
Regular
"8==="
I thought the game was easy. Then I got to the Custom tracks.......

Gold becomes quite elusive. Good.
Wed 18/06/03 at 20:05
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Yes surey!

However, i couldn't crack the air one for a few goes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.