GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So I'm into a situation that us guys hope not to be..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/06/03 at 22:55
Regular
*Sigh* You may but probably don't remember a post of mine a few months ago in the Life forum about this girl I liked and thought liked me too. Well she does (High five and so on...) and yeah we hang out, been to London to see a band and cinema to see Matrix together etc and her and her bestest friend are now part of my friendship group meaning they get drunk with us so stuff obviously happens there (High Five and so on...). We've been talking about how we need to talk about "us" and our "situation" and one of the points that has come up on her side is "we're really good friends and we have to decide if it's going to work and will be worth the risk". Friends. Good friends no less, that's even worse. So now we're stuck in this stage.

I'm pretty sure we could have something great together and think I am willing to take this risk. Sure if things go bad stuff will change which will suck 'cause things are quite nice right now, but we could miss out on something good. If it was just that as the problem, blamo, I could sort it out. But no, there's more. Her bestest buddy is amazingly close to her, I mean they're together pretty much always so it's mighty hard to spend time with just her without a tag-a-long. I can see this being a majour complication if we do decide to get together.

Meh I dunno. I guess I just need to talk to her about it, just need her mate to p*ss off for a bit so I can do so.
Fri 20/06/03 at 12:04
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Well actually she's not all that young anymore, 19 in september. May seem young to a lot of you, but hey I'm only 17.
Fri 20/06/03 at 12:02
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Garlic Bread!? wrote:
> The mate though, ooo, toughy. How bout try and find a partner for her,
> then she will be with him and not you guys!
>
> TADA!

Well actually she has a thing for one of my good (male) friends but he's kinda unsure what to do because there's this other girl he's been after for a while and he's also stuck in a situation. So if them two get together too, that would be quite cool.
Fri 20/06/03 at 09:50
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I know EXACTLY the position you are in mate.

I have been there a fair few times myself.

Sometimes it works and sometimes not.

Try it out, if its good - cool, keep it going!

If it feels weird being together then break it off and stay as good friends. If the risk is losing a good friend, make a pact sort thing with each other that you'll be friends no matter what. One of my best friends is my ex girlfriend, we were together about 2 months and it kinda broke up but we have always been friends since.

I hope it all works out for you mate.
Fri 20/06/03 at 09:41
Regular
"Hallelujah"
AliBoy wrote:
> If her mate is always there then "Can you say menage a
> trois?" :-P

...no, i cant, it always comes out as "manage a trios", I suck at french!
Fri 20/06/03 at 09:39
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Um, I have to say go for it! My grlfriend is my best friend, and its excellent (weird havin a female best friend but you get used to it).

The mate though, ooo, toughy. How bout try and find a partner for her, then she will be with him and not you guys!

TADA!
Fri 20/06/03 at 04:14
Regular
"bing bang bong"
If the girl is saying "well it might be cool, but it might ruin our friendship" then fooking go for it - the danger there is that one of you wants to go for it but the other doesn't - if you're both up for it then go. I would advise you to be as respectful as you possibly can be regarding her friend - you're all still young, and young girls tend to be glued together. You don't want to come between them like a thunderbolt, as that might rock the boat enough to upset your (soon-to-be?) girlfriend. Ease in there, be respectful that they need to chill out with each other a lot, one day it will be you trying to escape to your mates!
Fri 20/06/03 at 03:35
"I love yo... lamp."
Well let us no how it goes!
Fri 20/06/03 at 01:29
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Heh. Well thanks for the replies people. Ok so we're going to meet up tomorrow night and talk about stuff, just the two of us.
Fri 20/06/03 at 00:25
Regular
"I'm Great."
I say go for it. You've come this far so why not? You're good friends but have only been for a while. You might not have yet passed the stage of, never being anything more than friends, from the sounds of it. Just go with the flow.

As for the friend. If she's a real friend of this girl she'll back off if her friend kind of asks for a little alone time. I'd say get her to do it as if you both do it together it doesn't bode well. Looks like you're ganging up and that's not a good thing. Also sounds better coming from her friend I think but if need be, say something yourself.

Good Luck with it all and like everyone has said "menage a trois?"
Thu 19/06/03 at 23:21
Regular
"Selected"
their mothers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.