GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameboy player."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/06/03 at 16:36
Regular
Anyone got it? How do you feel about it? Is the multiplayer up to the standards you thuoght it would be? Any tips on how to get the best out of it (put a game in obviously!)?

Just got one, and I want to know how well it has been received. :)
Sun 22/06/03 at 07:48
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Question, can you use the Player AND still plug in the portable battry thing underneath (has th player got a through port basically)

battery info for those of you who've not seen one (I guess the battery would last alot longer with using carts rather than GC discs?)

It says the battery last an hour, but a friend who has one, never gets less than 1 hour 45 mins out of a charge.

http://www.bigbeninteractive.co.uk/ accessories_details.asp?accessoriesID=1013

(remove space)
Sun 22/06/03 at 16:36
"period drama"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I probably will get one.
> The main thing I'm concerned about is that if on the screen it's just
> a blown-up version of the GBA screen, won't it look all blocky and
> chunky and awful?

Hello?
Feed me answers
Sun 22/06/03 at 16:43
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
for that battery thing...it depends on how it connects to the gc..is is through one of the ports on the bottom or in the normal power socket on the back of the gc?
cos i'm guessing(but i dont hav a GBplayer so wots relly needed is for sum1 who has oen to answer) the GBplayer has the same underneith as the GC..the screws in same place..anti friction pads and other stuff..cos otherwise it could stop people playing it wherever they want...

but mu point is that is the player is the same dimensions as the bottom of the cube...the battery thing should work.

and about the picture being all blocky, etc....did you ever have a super gameboy for the snes? if you did...you know wot to expect..just in GBA graphics. if not..of course it will be more blocky...but since the GBA graphics are so good, it'll be roughly the same as playing a snes game...probably better
Mon 23/06/03 at 15:33
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
has anyone actually improved their scores/times when playing GBA games on the Player ? I guess so, it must be hard not to when you have decent picture/size screen and controller. Iridion 2 springs to mind as being a game I could probably do 10 times better on, on the Player.
Mon 23/06/03 at 16:47
Regular
"8==="
Analogue control on Doom rocks!
Mon 23/06/03 at 17:35
Regular
Got one today from GAME they only had 2 on the shelves. Comet and woolworths had none.
Mon 23/06/03 at 17:39
Regular
And have u tried it out yet?
Mon 23/06/03 at 17:41
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> And have u tried it out yet?

Not yet I am at my parents house so I have to wait till I get home.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:59
Regular
"  "
What's the point in it. If you want to play GBA games, play them on your GBA! If you're at home you may as well play on your Cube anyway. :S
Mon 23/06/03 at 21:03
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Hedfix wrote:
> Analogue control on Doom rocks!

It isn't analogue control. It's digital on an analogue stick. There's a difference, and it's quite a big one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.