GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameboy player."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/06/03 at 16:36
Regular
Anyone got it? How do you feel about it? Is the multiplayer up to the standards you thuoght it would be? Any tips on how to get the best out of it (put a game in obviously!)?

Just got one, and I want to know how well it has been received. :)
Fri 27/06/03 at 09:06
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Yes, it has the same ports as a GBA, so GC becomes player 1 and then you need GBA's for players 2,3 & 4.

Look on nintendo-europe.com, I'm sure there are some pics on there.

I had time to try out a few games last night, GBA player is brilliant, you should improve scores/times first go. Iridion 2 (a fairly dark game) was 101 times better on the player. Best £25 I've spent recently.

The graphics look fine, don't look jagged at all even on a 32" screen.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:27
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Hey, does the GBP have a link-up sockety thing on the side? It would
> be good ... for trading stuff between GBAs.
> But I'm guessing it doesn't ... because it won't.
> Meh.

Sorry say that differently... can't you just link more GBA's to the thing?
Thu 26/06/03 at 19:30
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
It does have one.
If you have 4 GBPs, 4 GCs, 4 TVs and 4 copies of a game (if required), then you can have a great (and expensive) multiplayer extravaganza.
Thu 26/06/03 at 19:20
"period drama"
Hey, does the GBP have a link-up sockety thing on the side? It would be good ... for trading stuff between GBAs.
But I'm guessing it doesn't ... because it won't.
Meh.
Thu 26/06/03 at 13:03
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Finally bought a Gameboy Player yesterday, was only £30 in my local GAME, had £5 voucher from CVG so only cost £25 in the end.
Well worth the money in my opinion, GBA games can always be picked up cheaply somewhere so my GBA has had a resurgence of life after collecting dust for 6 months :)
Wed 25/06/03 at 11:05
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Thanks Dr, quick service eh, take note SR please
Wed 25/06/03 at 10:59
Regular
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> I bought one off ebay a couple of weeks ago, out of interest Dr Duck
> how long did play-asia.com take to deliver ? and which delivery
> service did you use ?

I used the chapest delivery option (didn't bother with recorded because they guarantee all orders anyway). Had it inside a week of placing the order.
Though I'd take note of the time for delivery that they give, which is probably the top limit.
Tue 24/06/03 at 21:58
Regular
Parr wrote:
> I poped into my local Independant Games Retailer and they said they
> have ever heard of a Game Boy Player. Pffff

My local independant game retailer has.
Tue 24/06/03 at 21:16
Regular
"French the Fries!"
Super Monkey Ball Jr. is much easier using the analogue stick. :-)
Tue 24/06/03 at 17:54
Regular
"8==="
Parr wrote:
> I poped into my local Independant Games Retailer

'poped'? As in you were greeted by gregorian chant music and anointed by kneeling men in big hats?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.