GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X box will it do well?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/10/01 at 21:57
Regular
what do people think of x-boxes chances
Wed 24/10/01 at 14:47
Regular
I meant that the MGS on PSOne has outdated graphics but on the xbox it will look more or less like MGS2.
Wed 24/10/01 at 14:45
"High polygon count"
Wouldn't necessarily be outdated graphics though, would it? Look what Capcom have done with the original Resident Evil on teh Gamecube.
Wed 24/10/01 at 14:40
Regular
But if it aint MGS2 then I think that they would be just wasting their time and ours coz its going to be released maybe in 2003/4 but it would be good game coz I dont like the outdated graphics of MGS.
Wed 24/10/01 at 14:34
"High polygon count"
The last official news I read, from Kojima himself, said that it was a mix of areas and ideas from MGS1 and MGS2.

After all, surely it would be "Metal Gear Solid 2 X"?

It may well be that Konami have changed their minds on the matter; all they've confirmed is that MGSX will be released. The content is not quoted, and so *could* be simply Gamespot speculation.

Still, as you say, most people will have played MGS2 on PS2 by then, so it won't be a major selling point.

Not that it matters, of course. I'm all for multi-platform conversions. I just wish that the developers would clarify these things one way or the other, and stop leaving us wondering!
Wed 24/10/01 at 14:14
Regular
It is MGS2, read my post at the bottom of the page but as for the release date it will be a while and it wont even do xbox sales any good as many people will have played and probably completed MGS2 on the PS2 before its even released.
Wed 24/10/01 at 14:14
u knew what I ment
Wed 24/10/01 at 14:11
"High polygon count"
The *rumoured* Metal Gear title is "Metal Gear Solid X" - it is *not* MGS2.

In addition, Kojima has said that he will be concentrating on other projects after MGS2 is complete, so conversions to other systems certainly won't appear for a while - if at all.
Wed 24/10/01 at 14:03
Regular
Silent85 wrote:
> This reminds me of the N64 putting X after everything they did that with the N64
> putting 64 after everything

Infact you can also mistake RECVX as an xbox game
Wed 24/10/01 at 08:22
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Code: 144 Complete wrote:
> Pro Evo wrote:
>We still get MGS 2 though!

So will the xbox owners.

I can clear this up once and for all... MGS2 is a PS2 exclusive........ wait for it....... Exclusive for 12 months!!

That's the deal with Sony. MGS2 will not appear on any other format for 12 months making it a PS2 exclusive until it finally gets ported to the XBOX and possibly the GCN too!!

Exclusive games no longer mean "only available on this console" it now meand a fix period of time before they get ported... this has been designed to increase sales of particular consoles.. hence Malice on the XBOX... it is coming to the PS2, bit not yet!!...

So yes, MGX will appear, eventually, but not for a while yet, buy wich point, all of us PS2 owners would have bought the PS2 exclusive, told all of our friends how excellent it is and increase the sales of PS2's 10 fold!!
Tue 23/10/01 at 23:07
too true i couldn't care if a games on every console as long as it's on mine and it's good

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.