GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 4"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/10/01 at 22:05
Regular
I have just really started to read the Official PS2 magazine, and I came across a section about Gran Turismo, and what's next after Gran Turismo 3. Most of it was just rumours, but the part on Gran Turismo 4 got me thinking. What would I like to see in Gran Turismo 4?

Good question really. What could really be improved over the third installment? It was such a good game, can it really be improved upon? Course it can. When the developers tested to see how much of the PS2's capacity was used up by GT3, it didn't even touch the sides. So that means that they could really improve over GT3.

So then, what could be improved upon? Well, the amount of cars for a start. OK, so it did have quite a few cars, with the amount almost hitting 200, but that didn't really please games too much. They were disappointed by the fact that the amount of cars had dropped since GT2, from 600 to 200, which is quite a drop. I know that the cars took a lot of work and they all looked great, and handled just as well, but, still, more cars.

What about the graphics, can they really be improved upon. The graphics of GT3 were amazing to say the least. But, there were some flaws. One of these is pop-up. I know that there really isn't much of it (in one player at least), but on the night levels such as Special Stage Route 5, you would go around a corner and a building would appear right in front of you. There was even a part where you drive down a straight and a building would appear, then disappear and then re-appear again. Maybe this could be touched up a little (I don't want to seem like I am asking for too much).

Anything else. Well, what about the tracks? There were quite alot of tracks in GT3, some old tracks from GT2 and some completely new tracks. First things first, get rid of the Complex String. I hated the track, too, errr, complex... Anyway, maybe the old tracks from GT2 could be left out and completely new tracks added instead. I am not saying I didn't like the old tracks, but I am getting a little bored with them.

Could Gran Turismo mode be improved on. Well, I was a little disappointed that the abilty to racing modify your cars was left out of GT3. Other than that, I can't think of much else at the moment.

Ok, so I know it's a few years off yet, and that the most likely GT game out next will most likely be GT3: B Spec. I know it is still in the speculation stage, but this seems more likely, and will mst likely come in the form as an add-on disc, where you could load new cars on to the game. What are your thoughts on this?

What do you think? What would you like to see in Gran Turismo 4, or GT3: B-Spec?
Tue 16/10/01 at 22:05
I have just really started to read the Official PS2 magazine, and I came across a section about Gran Turismo, and what's next after Gran Turismo 3. Most of it was just rumours, but the part on Gran Turismo 4 got me thinking. What would I like to see in Gran Turismo 4?

Good question really. What could really be improved over the third installment? It was such a good game, can it really be improved upon? Course it can. When the developers tested to see how much of the PS2's capacity was used up by GT3, it didn't even touch the sides. So that means that they could really improve over GT3.

So then, what could be improved upon? Well, the amount of cars for a start. OK, so it did have quite a few cars, with the amount almost hitting 200, but that didn't really please games too much. They were disappointed by the fact that the amount of cars had dropped since GT2, from 600 to 200, which is quite a drop. I know that the cars took a lot of work and they all looked great, and handled just as well, but, still, more cars.

What about the graphics, can they really be improved upon. The graphics of GT3 were amazing to say the least. But, there were some flaws. One of these is pop-up. I know that there really isn't much of it (in one player at least), but on the night levels such as Special Stage Route 5, you would go around a corner and a building would appear right in front of you. There was even a part where you drive down a straight and a building would appear, then disappear and then re-appear again. Maybe this could be touched up a little (I don't want to seem like I am asking for too much).

Anything else. Well, what about the tracks? There were quite alot of tracks in GT3, some old tracks from GT2 and some completely new tracks. First things first, get rid of the Complex String. I hated the track, too, errr, complex... Anyway, maybe the old tracks from GT2 could be left out and completely new tracks added instead. I am not saying I didn't like the old tracks, but I am getting a little bored with them.

Could Gran Turismo mode be improved on. Well, I was a little disappointed that the abilty to racing modify your cars was left out of GT3. Other than that, I can't think of much else at the moment.

Ok, so I know it's a few years off yet, and that the most likely GT game out next will most likely be GT3: B Spec. I know it is still in the speculation stage, but this seems more likely, and will mst likely come in the form as an add-on disc, where you could load new cars on to the game. What are your thoughts on this?

What do you think? What would you like to see in Gran Turismo 4, or GT3: B-Spec?
Tue 16/10/01 at 22:29
Regular
"Back For Good"
here's some things i think GT4 should have :-)

Side mirrors
online options
time of day
real weather from the tracks (said in mag)
Car damage (also said in mag)
Porsches :-D
option to choose song in car
more viewpoint options
volume for sound :-(
more realitic enviroments,tree leaves falling on track etc
a horn :-)
better AI cus it's too dumb
option to test drive car before you buy it
damamge to the tracks, skidmarks etc

thats all i can think of for now, oh and no 17% slowdown :-)
Tue 16/10/01 at 22:33
I completly forgot about Car Damage, but I doubt that will make an appearance. You know what car makers are like these days.
Tue 16/10/01 at 22:45
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Im not even going to consider buying this game unless there is a considerable difference from 3. Yes GT 3 was good, but face it, it was GT 2 in flash colours and i want more. Bigger tracks, better cars ect.

The series needs to go places before it becomes the fifa of racing.
Tue 16/10/01 at 23:00
Regular
the fifa of racing?!

GT3 was nothing special anyway and i will wait till i get a PS3 until i get the next Gran turismo game.
Tue 16/10/01 at 23:02
Regular
What i meant was, the game is going up the road that fifa did, and will soon possibly be destined for a GT game every year and all that differs in a new track and new cars.
Tue 16/10/01 at 23:07
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm, obviously, a big racing fan and I like GT3. Every game has a possibilty of improvement and I hope they don't spoil what is a great series of racing games.
Tue 16/10/01 at 23:08
Regular
sorry, i thought u was sort of saying that the game had a long way to go before it got to the quality scale of a FIFA game! obvouisly i should i have known better...as saying somthin like that would be plain stupid! seeing how crap FIFA games are!
Tue 16/10/01 at 23:14
Regular
"Back For Good"
oh yeah GT4 will have a track editor,said that in the mag too :-)
Tue 16/10/01 at 23:16
Regular
Im not saying GT3 is a bad game, i enjoy playing it. But the game needs new ideas for the next one. Something to keep us enticed. The obvious idea is damage, this would add a whole new genre to the game, having to keep your car in top shape so you dont have to pay for repiars. But as it has been saidm the makers wont allow this.

I think the developers should give them an ultimatum, if they want to be in the game, they have to allow damage. If they all say no, ditch them, and go for unlicenced cars, so what if they are not called ford,toyota ect, if they look good and like a car, does it matter?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.