GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deus Ex 2 Invisible War"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Deus Ex 2: Invisible War'.
Mon 23/06/03 at 16:15
Regular
I see it will be out in a few months, what do you guys think about it? It looks amazing, the first one is one of my all-time favourite games. Anyway I have heard that it's set 20 years after Deus Ex, you control Alex Denton who is a clone of J.C. Denton, your first objective is to find J.C. because he has gone missing, it will feature Augmentations again and it will be 60% First Person Shooter 25% RPG and 15% Stealth, so it mixes some good Genres.
Sun 06/07/03 at 17:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Good point, but from what I've heard and seen of STALKER, if they get even half of what they are planning up to scratch then I'm certain it will be the better game.

That said I'm going to reserve judgement until both games are in my possetion, because as I remeber Unreal 2 planned a hell of a lot, but dilivered very little. I certainly don't want to build up my hopes for nothing again.
Sun 06/07/03 at 10:30
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
cipro wrote:
> It looks like a pretty decent game, I never played the original so
> will definatly be trying this one out. Also, while does look good, I
> have a feeling S.T.A.L.K.E.R. will be better.

I dunno... the people who wrote Deus Ex literally invented the style of game 10+ years ago, and have been perfecting it ever since... Everything they've done has been critically acclaimed across the voard for its innovation, design and implmentation... they are real gaming heavy weights
Sun 06/07/03 at 10:26
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
§niper wrote:
> Didnt looking Glass do enter the matrix .

Naaa... Looking Glass went under a few years back... Eidos rehired most of the team and amalgamted them into 'Ion Storm' (the good part, not the 'Dai Katana' part ;))
Sat 05/07/03 at 22:52
Regular
Indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.
Sat 05/07/03 at 19:18
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I may very well do that, although I do have quite a fair few games to buy over the next few months and no doubt they'll be keeping me very busy. Still, it is summer and there are hardly any decent games out until after August so it may be something to look in to.
Sat 05/07/03 at 13:55
Regular
You have to play the original before playing this one. The story is probably the best thing about Deus Ex, so my advice is get Deus Ex 1 cheap and complete it. First level isn't as good as the others on the game, but don't give up.
Fri 04/07/03 at 12:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It looks like a pretty decent game, I never played the original so will definatly be trying this one out. Also, while does look good, I have a feeling S.T.A.L.K.E.R. will be better.
Thu 03/07/03 at 22:06
Regular
Sequel to one of the best games ever. I just pray to the gaming gods that they don't ruin the mix between FPS and RPG.
Thu 03/07/03 at 14:16
"I love yo... lamp."
Im looking forward to it. I remember the first and this should be better.
Thu 03/07/03 at 11:14
Regular
Okay, here's what I know about this game.
It's set 20 years after the first one, and you control Alex D. (Obviously, D meaning Denton, but I have heard some debate elsewhere saying it isn't Alex Denton from Area 51 in Deus Ex 1). You can choose whether you want to be a man or a woman.
Alex is one of four nano-augmentated agents in the game, working for an oganisation. Alex's home is Chicago, which in the beginning of the game gets completely destroyed by a terrorist with a purple stick.
Characters returning are Chad Dumier, from Paris in Deus Ex 1. He is the head of one of the organisations trying to urge you to join him. Nicolette DuClare is returning, but her role is unknown. Tracer Tong will be back, and I know he plays quite a major role, and Paul and JC are both on the game. JC is also the head of one of the main factions trying to urge you to join their side. (Depending on what you do, you can fight JC at one point in the game). The Illuminati are in the game, and other groups call The Templars, The World Trade Association, and one other religious anti-technology group who's name I don't know.
Multi-tools and lockpicks are gone, and have been merged into one tool. The skills system is gone, and has been merged with augmentations to make bio-mods.
Obviously, they have combined FPS, Stealth and RPG together. But this time, you can actually go through the whole game without ever pulling the trigger.
Graphics wise, the game is great, and uses shadows like nobody else. Facial expressions and lip sync are a lot better, and look at lot more realistic than the first one, which isn't hard.
The game isn't as long as the first one, but has more depth, and many many paths to take, which are optional. I know the storyline is going to be absoloutely huge and amazing, and with Deus Ex 1's storyline to follow, it won't be hard to make another great storyline. Regarding which of the three endings they are using off the first one, I've heard that it won't be either, and they might be combining a bit of each, so as not to make the player think they made the wrong choice in the first one. I personally think that they'll use the Helios ending, but something goes wrong with JC that we won't know about. I know that during the time between the first Deus Ex and the second, their is 15 years of, well, badness. Right, that's all I know, I'm hungry, I want some food.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.