GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The other great thing about Rare!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/10/01 at 09:15
Regular
The other thing that is great about Rare besides the fact that they make great games, is that they are based here in the UK! This means the we get their great games earlier than the rest of the world! Poor Japan had to wait over a year before Perfect Dark was released over there! & then they didnt even like it that much! Their should be more companies based over here so that we can get our games quicker instead of waiting months after the USA has had them!
Wed 17/10/01 at 22:32
Why are they called rare? they are Rareware and should be called that.
Wed 17/10/01 at 22:28
Regular
Forget PD2 for now.

Hype simply softens the impact that the almighty game will have when it hits you in the face.

Look and think about other Gamecube games for now and let Rare's beauty sneak up and absorb you when you least expected it!
Wed 17/10/01 at 22:27
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Why auf haven't you downloaded the movie clip of the game? It looooooookssssssss sweeeeeeeeeeet!!! The scenery looks absolutely amazing, with a very high amount of detail, and the animation of the bad guys is some of the best i've EVER seen!

:)
Wed 17/10/01 at 22:09
Regular
Why can't Rare release at least a few screeshots of Perfect Dark Zero.....It's not fair....bohoooooo....................
Wed 17/10/01 at 21:48
Regular
"Whatever!"
These are exciting times - Seeing what rare can produce for the GC!!
Star Fox Adventures looks absolutely amazing!!
Wed 17/10/01 at 21:47
Regular
"Whatever!"
It didnt go down too well in Japan, Perfect Dark that is!!
For some reason they dont like FPS's - Strange seeing as some of the best games are FPS's!!
Wed 17/10/01 at 21:45
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
There's quite a few games that don't get released in Japan for ages after we get them. There not really into first person shooters as much as the west. They tend to like their RPG's, their Luv-em-ups, and their horse riding simulators!

:)
Wed 17/10/01 at 21:31
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
The main reason we dont get games till after the other contries isnt because of the produuction of them! Thats why they sometimes do a worldwide release of something! Its the fact until resently we havent had a Nintendo of Europe! Instead we have had 'Game' distrobuting the games!

The other reason is because they have to translate the language! Again it isnt english that is the problem, bbecause places like australia get games with english on them (just not French & german)! One good thing is though you can get import english PAL (so they work on our machines) games before they get released over here from Australia, but not many companies do it for a good price! It would be good if SR started doin it! Hopeful this problem wont be so bad now that there is a NOE like NOA!
Wed 17/10/01 at 20:38
Regular
I was so suprised though, when I found out that Japan didn't even have it whilst I was actually playing on it!
Wed 17/10/01 at 19:57
Perfect dark was out in teh US about 2 months before the UK

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.