GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAD lost it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/06/03 at 21:19
Regular
I don't like whinging, it ain't my style, and it's not sour grapes, I wasn't robbed of a GAD myself by it.

But this review ain't GAD material to me. I mean, the first paragraph doesn't even make sense.

I just got morrowind so was intrigued to read other peoples views on it. As this got a GAD I was reassured it'd be a good review. Nope.

I'm kind of ashamed of whinging, and I apologise to the writer of that review, but to me it's just plain pants. I would be interested to know what aspect of the review the GAD staff thought made it great.

That's it, no more ranting from me today.
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:43
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Yes, but if a new person joins the forums and dont have membership, they don't put their membership number in the box and SR assume they arent a member.

comprehendéz? (I made up the spelling)
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:42
Regular
Memorandum wrote:

> So newbies can't edit their details either?

no I don't think he meant that memorandum, he was just pointing out to me that SR would know whether or not he was a member.
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:39
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> however, just cos you're a newbie doesn't mean you have no
> membership
>
> No but if you have membership you put it in on the "edit yer
> details" page.

So newbies can't edit their details either?
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I guess giving me a GAD for my Hulk review makes up for the lack of GAD on the 16th. BAh.
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:38
Regular
Kyz22 wrote:
> Borat I wish to have your msn, or for you to add me to it...
>
> [email protected]

negatory good buddy, I don't use msn, although cheers
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:37
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Borat I wish to have your msn, or for you to add me to it...

[email protected]
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:36
Regular
Kyz22 wrote:
> Within a few months they will get rid of GAD altogether, SR will go
> bankrupt because nobody buys games in the summer much and the entire
> enterprise will implode.
>
> The forums will be shut down as SR won't be able to afford the web
> hosting and we will never talk again.
>
> Thats my theory.

no, no, NO, what will become of me during week nights? argh
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:35
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Within a few months they will get rid of GAD altogether, SR will go bankrupt because nobody buys games in the summer much and the entire enterprise will implode.

The forums will be shut down as SR won't be able to afford the web hosting and we will never talk again.

Thats my theory.
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:34
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> and likes the budweiser advert

Exactly- it has humour. Most winning reviews contain humour, however poorly written they are.
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:34
Regular
Kyz22 wrote:

> No but if you have membership you put it in on the "edit yer
> details" page.

your conspiracy theories are intriguing to me. I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.