GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAD lost it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/06/03 at 21:19
Regular
I don't like whinging, it ain't my style, and it's not sour grapes, I wasn't robbed of a GAD myself by it.

But this review ain't GAD material to me. I mean, the first paragraph doesn't even make sense.

I just got morrowind so was intrigued to read other peoples views on it. As this got a GAD I was reassured it'd be a good review. Nope.

I'm kind of ashamed of whinging, and I apologise to the writer of that review, but to me it's just plain pants. I would be interested to know what aspect of the review the GAD staff thought made it great.

That's it, no more ranting from me today.
Fri 27/06/03 at 11:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Notorious Biggles manages to review himself.

I was always disappointed that my review of the cathode ray light (green) never went on my stats. My Red Factin 2 review didn't hake it onto the staats either. Maybe that's why it didn't win. IT ALL BECOMES CLEAR
Fri 27/06/03 at 11:27
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Memorandum wrote:
> Why not?
> You have 90 days to claim, so what's stopping someone registering,
> then claiming two monthst after they've registered?
>
> Do they have some kind of measure that the membership has to pre-date
> the win?

If you win GAD and aren’t a member, you are automatically given the membership (& free gift)... The 90 days claim time has nothing to do with it
Fri 27/06/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Hmmm....."
You should be grateful that you are getting free games at all, you ungrateful lumps of lard!

You don't get much for free in this terrible, terrible world. Stop yer whinging.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:39
"I love yo... lamp."
My reviews don't even appear anymore.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:01
Regular
"Festivus!"
SR have píssed me off with their waze of giving crap reviews GAD prizes and thius, I don't review for them. They are CRAP
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:32
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I can never be bothered to write reviews most of the time, but from looking at winners I do think whoever sorts out GAD ought to look at them more closley. The Morrowind review Borat mentions is frankly crap - made up words, mis-spellings, stupid first paragraph etc. The Brute Force review gives the impression that Bungie worked on it, which they didn't - one person from the Halo team was sent to look at it when MS realised it was a bomber if nothing was done, and the game is in no way a 3rd person Halo. And don't even start on the numerous, thankfully none GAD winning reviews of games no one could conceivably have...
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:08
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Yeah, Tony stated a while ago that you can't win, then get the
> membership.
>
> I just extended mine by 2 years. Only £12, so I thought
> "Why not? Although Tony is evil and won't put a shop anywhere
> even remotely near the north, I still buy my consoles from SR" -
> X-Box and PS2. And soon a GameCube.

I buy most of my stuff from SR, its convenient to click 'confirm' rather than walk all the way to my car, put my driving glasses on, start the engine, put my seatbelt on, take the handbrake off, put it into first gear, drive to town, reverse the process, walk to game, yadda yadda yadda yadda.

of course, you don't get it instantly, but I'm not usually that desperate to get something
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:05
Regular
"That's right!"
Yeah, Tony stated a while ago that you can't win, then get the membership.

I just extended mine by 2 years. Only £12, so I thought "Why not? Although Tony is evil and won't put a shop anywhere even remotely near the north, I still buy my consoles from SR" - X-Box and PS2. And soon a GameCube.
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:59
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Well you're not meant to.

Snuggly was meant to check the dates on the memberships but he obviously let you through...

He has told people before that they can't do that.
Thu 26/06/03 at 21:58
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
AHA!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.