GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"and so the drought begins....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/06/03 at 06:52
Regular
No games. July and August are very poor shows.

A light Gun.
Speed kings. (big price drop, no surprise there)
Crimson skies (The one good thing on the horizon -pun intended)
Wed 02/07/03 at 22:54
Regular
Haven't seen a review below 70% yet so I would say that was pretty constant seeing as the average review is 81% and all the other just lie a tiny bit either way.
Wed 02/07/03 at 22:56
Regular
How d'you manage to work out that 'Average Review' then?

Oh, and GamesTM - 4/10. There you go.
Wed 02/07/03 at 23:01
Regular
I don't read magazines to start off with and if I did I wouldn't use a calculator to work out the average.
Wed 02/07/03 at 23:05
Regular
Then your argument is hollow.
Wed 02/07/03 at 23:07
Regular
No not at all considering that it was compiled from 46 media reviews.

Oh and whose arguments are hollow? Let me just remind you that the only evidence you seem to use is GamesTM.
Wed 02/07/03 at 23:15
Regular
You don't read magazines; a much more viable source than your generic 'GaMeZ4EvA.com' site. And you obviously haven't calculated a reliable average.

Forget it, alright? I'm just trying to put some balance into this.
Wed 02/07/03 at 23:21
Regular
Just thought I would point out that I didn't calculate the average. Go and check Gamerankings.com and see their average from media and players reviews. Quite high considering some games which are supposedly 'top of the genre' don't get quite the same review averages.
Thu 03/07/03 at 00:23
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
mav wrote:
> Forget it, alright? I'm just trying to put some balance into this.

Yea, but it seams you just trying to put people off for the sake of it. Every game has flaws, so what's you point? Myself and Hedfix own, have played and enjoy the game, yet you say "don't be caught up in this Brute Force praise" suggesting our opinions arn't valid or good enough, yet you armed with your beloved bible GamesTM, who hasn't even played the game, is in a better position to comment.

We say its well worth a look.
Thu 03/07/03 at 12:23
Regular
"accidental superher"
It's rare for every single magazine/reviewer to find a game brilliant...i mean grand theft auto 3 only got 6/10 in edge...but most places gave it a 9+ mark
or looking it from the other view...enter the matrix got some high mark in oxm but mediocre scores from nearly everywhere else...and yes it was a very mediocre game!
there are some anomalies though such as star fox adventures in my opinion which got really high marks all round but i thought it was a t*rd game...
basically if the big majority of reviewers give it a good mark i'm more inclined to follow them...
i personally only start to doubt the quality of a game when some give it a good reviews and others give it bad ones...like amped (although i ended up enjoying it)
Thu 03/07/03 at 17:38
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Just thought I would point out that I didn't calculate the average. Go
> and check Gamerankings.com and see their average from media and
> players reviews. Quite high considering some games which are
> supposedly 'top of the genre' don't get quite the same review
> averages.

Just shows you how inaccurate these things can be, eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.