GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"and so the drought begins....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/06/03 at 06:52
Regular
No games. July and August are very poor shows.

A light Gun.
Speed kings. (big price drop, no surprise there)
Crimson skies (The one good thing on the horizon -pun intended)
Mon 30/06/03 at 21:27
Regular
That too. And Galaxies. And Republic Commando (though no-one knows anything about that apart from the name yet).
Tue 01/07/03 at 00:54
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
No need to flap your arms and complain, just pick up Brute Force which alot of you missed.

I got it today and was very surprised at how playable and polished it is. The AI truly is excelent, I havn't had to shout at the computer controlled teammates yet, not like Conflict Desert storm.

The visuals are lovely, and squad command system is really brillient and deserves acclaim. In CDS issuing commands was combersome compared to Brute Forces fluid interface.

At first play I wasn't sure, seamed a bit "done this before". but the last level i just did was in some kinda Aztec ruin, the music was jungle style drum beats and the action was thick and fast. I highly reccomend it, you might be surprised. Don't be put off by the stupid looking lizard on the front, he is actually currently my favourite character.

I'm now on the level were Flint joins the team, is that far into it?
Tue 01/07/03 at 17:35
Regular
Likewise, don't rush out to buy Brute Force either. There are things wrong with it, and nobody on these forums seem to have mentioned them. Check it out first - don't get drawn in by all this praise.
Tue 01/07/03 at 18:42
Regular
"I Feel Depressed!"
When the drought ends theres a hell of alot of games to buy!!
To name a few:
Fable
Halo 2
Counter Strike!
Tue 01/07/03 at 20:08
Regular
"8==="
Mantis wrote:
> No need to flap your arms and complain, just pick up Brute Force which
> alot of you missed.
>
> I got it today and was very surprised at how playable and polished it
> is. The AI truly is excelent, I havn't had to shout at the computer
> controlled teammates yet, not like Conflict Desert storm.
>
> The visuals are lovely, and squad command system is really brillient
> and deserves acclaim. In CDS issuing commands was combersome compared
> to Brute Forces fluid interface.
>
> At first play I wasn't sure, seamed a bit "done this
> before". but the last level i just did was in some kinda Aztec
> ruin, the music was jungle style drum beats and the action was thick
> and fast. I highly reccomend it, you might be surprised. Don't be
> put off by the stupid looking lizard on the front, he is actually
> currently my favourite character.
>
> I'm now on the level were Flint joins the team, is that far into it?

Yeah damn good game. I'm about twice as far as you. But I haven't played my xbox, 1 player stuff, for about a week. I've got to finishe Brute Force and then move onto Morrowind.
Tue 01/07/03 at 20:53
Regular
Depressed Snail wrote:
> When the drought ends theres a hell of alot of games to buy!!
> To name a few:
> Fable
> Halo 2
> Counter Strike!

THREE GAMES????!!!!

*starts saving rigorously*
Wed 02/07/03 at 00:04
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Mav wrote:
> Likewise, don't rush out to buy Brute Force either. There are things wrong with it, and nobody on these forums seem to have mentioned them. Check it out first - don't get drawn in by all this praise.

Well, seeing as you havn't played it I'm dumbstruck my your dismissal of the game.

Its underated. I had a right laugh in Squad Deathmatch today with a few mates. Theres quite a bit of deapth in multiplayer too and the level design is really great. Its designed with system link in mind though.

Flaws, so far as I can see are slight repetiveness(it is a shooter), no Xbox Live support, some unsatisfying weapons... come on tell me the rest, you somehow seam to know the faults even though you havn't played it.

And if you mention GamesTM in your responce I classify you as being gay. :P
Wed 02/07/03 at 22:39
Regular
How, exactly, was I dismissing the game?

The scores are incredibly erratic - I'm just saying don't rush out and buy it because it IS flawed, and not the best thing since sliced Halo.. All I am doing is giving a balanced argument.
Wed 02/07/03 at 22:40
Regular
I would say that an average score of 81% is pretty decent. Not to menion constant...
Wed 02/07/03 at 22:53
Regular
Constant? Don't think so..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.