GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"and so the drought begins....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/06/03 at 06:52
Regular
No games. July and August are very poor shows.

A light Gun.
Speed kings. (big price drop, no surprise there)
Crimson skies (The one good thing on the horizon -pun intended)
Fri 04/07/03 at 17:10
Regular
Hey, I'm just giving some help. GamesTM obviously gave it 4/10 for some good reasons, but that's all I'm saying.

Leave it at that, eh?
Fri 04/07/03 at 01:01
Regular
There wil be something otherwise it would be a straight 9-10/10 game. It would be niave of anyone to think otherwise. However whether they stand out as much as some reviews suggest is another matter. It seemed that some reviews *coughigncough* were just looking for bugs rather than actually enjoying the game. One of the graphical bugs was so pathetic and I couldn't believe they had looked into it that much. It was about as ballanced as a 2 legged horse and I no longer have any patience for IGN and their out of sorts reviewers.
Fri 04/07/03 at 00:15
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Alaister wrote:
>. For Mav's sake I will go through and look for bugs etc (unless they stand out like a saw thumb in which case the depth at which I search won't be as deep)

You won't find any. The game is so polished I have yet to find anything technical wrong with it.
Fri 04/07/03 at 00:01
Regular
Going to rent it tomorrow so watch out for my mini forum review of the game and what I think. For Mav's sake I will go through and look for bugs etc (unless they stand out like a saw thumb in which case the depth at which I search won't be as deep) and then put a balanced view on the game. The fact that a comment is made with such conviction without actually playing the game is quite funny though. From what I have read, watched and viewed as a screenshot I can definitley say that GamesTM are talking balls with their 4/10 non sense. Whether its an 8/10 game though is another matter and one which I can't wait to test out.
Thu 03/07/03 at 22:08
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Maverick wrote:
> Yeah, and you sing it's praises like it's the best damn game ever in all the topics. As long as you do that, I'll keep telling people to check it out properly and thus, giving them a balanced view of the game.

A balacned view of the game? HOW can you comment? You havn't played it. Not to mention you didn't even give people a balanced view, you told them to not be caught up in the praise which is in effect dismissing the game. I have said in many topics that it is worth a look, because it genuinly is a good game and if you too played it you would know its a classy, polished acrade squad based game, with some great production values. 4 outa 10 by GamesTM? I'm telling you thats bullsh**, one play of the game lets you know its much more deserving of a higher score than that.

£40 is a lot of money; would you like to see somebody waste it?

No, likewise I wouldn't want someone to miss out on a game they might otherwise have enjoyed.
Thu 03/07/03 at 20:34
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> How would you know how inaccurate it was? You haven't even played it.

You said it yourself;

"...considering some games which are supposedly 'top of the genre' don't get quite the same review averages..."
Thu 03/07/03 at 19:33
Regular
'We're encouraged to be a little bias'
Thu 03/07/03 at 19:16
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Acegamez will be giving games 11/10 at some point. Mark my words.
Thu 03/07/03 at 19:13
Regular
10/10

Acegamez
Thu 03/07/03 at 17:52
Regular
How would you know how inaccurate it was? You haven't even played it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.