GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Socom tactics: discuss them here"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SOCOM: US Navy Seals'.
Tue 01/07/03 at 22:12
Regular
What tactics does everone use on socom, not that I want to copy you but just because i'm interested. I know quite a lot about how real seal teams operate, but I know a lot more about SWAT and urban warfare. Any questions or just discuss tactics here. Enjoy!
Tue 01/07/03 at 22:12
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
What tactics does everone use on socom, not that I want to copy you but just because i'm interested. I know quite a lot about how real seal teams operate, but I know a lot more about SWAT and urban warfare. Any questions or just discuss tactics here. Enjoy!
Tue 01/07/03 at 23:23
Regular
"oaps.org"
stealth and loadsa bullets

or just plain accuracy (dumb 12 year old learnt that today.)
Wed 02/07/03 at 10:07
" Crazy!"
I tend to use a sniper on Blizzard and Blood lake, especially blood lake because I followed the great Snoper Deltamoore yesterday and found out the position which he uses at the begining, yesterday he got 3 kills witht he sniper straight away from that position.

So don't any of you folow me.
Wed 02/07/03 at 15:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Not getting shot is a good tactic :D

But seriously although i can't play SOCOM online yet due to not having the adapter i presume you can use a tactic that i use on Counter-Strike which is whenever you die follow certain people on the opposition to see if they follow a set route each time. So once you have figured this out you just lay in wait for them to arrive at their favourite spot then BAM! dead
Wed 02/07/03 at 15:55
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
No you can't do that in SOCOM, thank god. Being able to spy on the opposition doesn't make for a very fair game, does it?? You can only follow teammates.
Wed 02/07/03 at 15:58
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
My tactics are usually don't rush in.

For single player its probably best to play each level a few times to work out enemy positions and which orders to give and when to give them.

For on-line the best advice is probably communication, the best games are when people tell you who is comming and where they are and what they can see.
Wed 02/07/03 at 16:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Darwock wrote:
> No you can't do that in SOCOM, thank god. Being able to spy on the
> opposition doesn't make for a very fair game, does it?? You can only
> follow teammates.

Oh ok well that's a downer. Have to figure people's routes out the hard way then.
I don't think it makes a game less fair if you do that though, i mean it can get quite annoying having to wait for 5 minutes just because somebody has decided they're going to camp in a little spot and hope that someone runs past them and slowing the game right down. Plus anyway a good player will be able to mix-up their routes of which they attack, i know i do when playing CS.
Wed 02/07/03 at 16:03
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Sometimes you have to camp in the interests of the team... if it's down to 1 vs 6 and you need a draw to stay in it. Games are only 6 minutes so it just turns into a game of hide and seek. I dunno about Counterstrike, maybe there's no time limit?
Wed 02/07/03 at 16:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Darwock wrote:
> Sometimes you have to camp in the interests of the team... if it's
> down to 1 vs 6 and you need a draw to stay in it. Games are only 6
> minutes so it just turns into a game of hide and seek. I dunno about
> Counterstrike, maybe there's no time limit?

Oh yea of course there's times when camping is fine like in the example you gave but when people do it and they have the upper hand in number and are just being cheap that's when it gets on my nerves.
And you have 5 minutes each round on CS
Wed 02/07/03 at 17:40
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Does anyone get annoyed by campers on Counter-Strike? I think that's very unreasonable as real people or special forces use that tactic often. Especially on a game where you have to wait to respawn...

(Sniper's haven, camper101)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.