GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think of the GC Zelda game ?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/10/01 at 16:40
Regular
I and all my friend agree that the new Zelda game looks awful. Talk it babyish, it's a cartoon. The E3 version was so promising, but to go and ruin it all by making Link a member of the muppets was not a particulary clever idea.
What do u think ?
Sat 13/10/01 at 18:16
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Actually the graphics in the new Zelda are quite impressive. It's a hard graphical style to use, and takes a lot of power to render. I think that looking at it, the new Zelda game is very impressive for this fact alone.

:)
Sat 13/10/01 at 22:02
Regular
The game might look babyish in the still images but if you see it in action then it doesn't look babyish at all.

Download the video at IGN.com.
Sun 14/10/01 at 08:36
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
it actually looks like a real movie , like from disney , when their eyes pop out and jaws drop down ten feet , it's genius ! well in genius in the fact that it's actually a game and not a film.
Sun 14/10/01 at 10:39
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
I perfer the old look Zelda as well! Nintendo are saying that they are going for gameplay and not looks & that they are trying to make the game different! But why cant they have gameplay & looks, thats wot made the ones on the N64 so good! And as for different, its Zelda its already different becase it has the something that other games dont have! Personaly I will proberly still get it cos its is a great game, but Im not as keen on the new look! It reminds me of Paper Mario (thats looks crap to) But Im not going to buy that because of the change that they made! Lets just hope that they release to Zelda games one with the new look & one with the good look that we all want!
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:22
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Hmmmmmm...........

Zelda has been popular for years right?

From it's first incantation back on the NES to it's N64 grandchild!

Well pick yourself up a NES emulator and a Zelda game! It looks REALLY baaaaad! But it was was renound and loads of people liked it! So with this new graphical style for Zelda on Gamecube, there's no reason it shouldn't play as well as all the other Zelda games in the past!

Sun 14/10/01 at 12:57
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Yep ur rite! I have all of the zelda's! Even the limited edition gold cart on teh NES!!!! & as long as they keep coming Im gona keep gettin them!
Sun 14/10/01 at 20:20
Regular
I'm still gonna get it, despite the new look. It'll be quite cool with the disney style effects. I still prefer the old graphics, but it does make a change.
Mon 15/10/01 at 11:55
Regular
People just don't realise.

These cell shaded graphics look fabulous in motion.

Too many people are just judging it by unimpressive screenshots.
Mon 15/10/01 at 16:24
Regular
"DS..."
i woud'nt even call the screenshots unimpressive, just different, it's the "nintendo difference!"
slik ~_~
Mon 15/10/01 at 16:52
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Aren't Nintendo's slogans just the best?

------"What does it take to make a great console?"
----------"What it takes, is the Nintendo difference!"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.