GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think of the GC Zelda game ?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/10/01 at 16:40
Regular
I and all my friend agree that the new Zelda game looks awful. Talk it babyish, it's a cartoon. The E3 version was so promising, but to go and ruin it all by making Link a member of the muppets was not a particulary clever idea.
What do u think ?
Fri 12/10/01 at 16:40
Regular
I and all my friend agree that the new Zelda game looks awful. Talk it babyish, it's a cartoon. The E3 version was so promising, but to go and ruin it all by making Link a member of the muppets was not a particulary clever idea.
What do u think ?
Fri 12/10/01 at 17:37
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I think the new looks GREAT!

It's a good twist to the series, so that you'll be experiancing a new gameing experiance instead of just playing a game, much like the N64 versions.

Also if you do want a game like Zelda OOT then look no further than Starfox Adventure: Dinasaur Planet which plays just like the N64's Zelda games.

:)
Fri 12/10/01 at 18:33
Regular
"Whatever!"
I think it looks awesome - Ive said before, as long as it plays well who cares what it looks like!!
Fri 12/10/01 at 19:17
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
it's COOL !! it's not the same old 3D zelda , it's different ! and thats what makes nintendo .... nintendo !! it's not the same as other companies ! thats what makes it special.
Fri 12/10/01 at 20:34
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Yer, Nintendo are great for the fact that their not scared to try something new. Whereas other developers like to churn out the same old game, over and over again, {Tomb Raider}, Nintendo show some style by actually trying to change there games from generation to generation!

:)
Fri 12/10/01 at 21:47
Regular
Nintendo may release this game then they may bring another Zelda out in the old style.
Fri 12/10/01 at 22:18
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Just read this thread angel and I think you and all of your FRIEND should ask what other ppl think first 'cos you made a right old prat of yourself there! Everyone disagreed with your view!
Fri 12/10/01 at 22:43
Regular
It does look a bit weird in the screenshots but see it in action and you'll be won over!
Sat 13/10/01 at 10:45
Regular
"DS..."
Angel sent from hell wrote:
> I and all my friend agree that the new Zelda game looks awful. Talk it babyish,
> it's a cartoon. The E3 version was so promising, but to go and ruin it all by
> making Link a member of the muppets was not a particulary clever idea.
What do
> u think ?

You obviously are not a zelda fan or have only been for a while, firstly, Awful? why is it awful, and it's certainly NOT babyish and the sooner people stop calling it that the better! And link a member of the muppets? your obviously just taking the P*ss, and also it is'nt a cartoon, but a japaneese type of anime, and because of this it looks much more complex than any disney film ever will!
And just because it uses this style, does'nt mean that it's easier to make, in fact "cell-shading" which is what the graphics are made with, is very extensive and takes far longer to perfect then super-realistic graphics! and thats part of the reason that we probably won't see it (being realistic) untill around early 2003 (well this is Nintendo).
I myself have been a fan of the series for many years now, and own almost every one of the zelda games in the current series, and if it's one thing that I have noticed by playing and analysing them, then it's that every single zelda game is different in every way, be-it the gamplay, the storyline or in this case the graphical style. And because Shigeru Myamato likes to make every zelda game different from the last, and does'nt go for "typical" sequels, this is paerty why the zelda series has been such a success and will continue to be a sucess for a long time into the future.
I for one love the new look of Zelda on the gamecube, sure the E3 demo looked impressive, but graphics are not everything that make up a game, and I think that this is the message that Shigeru Myamato is trying to put across, as well as bringing the series back to it's roots, with mesmorising gameplay, and flawless control.
And because of the graphical nature of the game, this will make it much more easier to fit a whole lot more of the actual game it'self onto the gamecubes disk, not forgeting that a single gamecube disk can hold over 120 times more data than youre average N64 cartridge, so this will probably mean that we can expect even more of the fiendishly well planned dungeons that we all know and love, more characters on-screen at the same time, a new and improved z-targeting system based on Ocarina Of Time game mechanics and lots more besides.
So although the graphical style may have taken a dramatic turn, this is,nt to say that this turn is for the worse, in fact when you consider all the aspects that I have mentioned above, you could even say that it's for the best which I personally think it is.
And can you name one game that Shigsy has messed up on? I did'nt think so.
slik ~_~
Sat 13/10/01 at 17:05
Regular
slik wrote:
> Angel sent from hell wrote:
> I and all my friend agree that the new Zelda
> game looks awful. Talk it babyish,
> it's a cartoon. The E3 version was so
> promising, but to go and ruin it all by
> making Link a member of the
> muppets was not a particulary clever idea.
What do
> u think ?

You
> obviously are not a zelda fan or have only been for a while, firstly, Awful? why
> is it awful, and it's certainly NOT babyish and the sooner people stop calling
> it that the better! And link a member of the muppets? your obviously just taking
> the P*ss, and also it is'nt a cartoon, but a japaneese type of anime, and
> because of this it looks much more complex than any disney film ever will!
And
> just because it uses this style, does'nt mean that it's easier to make, in fact
> "cell-shading" which is what the graphics are made with, is very
> extensive and takes far longer to perfect then super-realistic graphics! and
> thats part of the reason that we probably won't see it (being realistic) untill
> around early 2003 (well this is Nintendo).
I myself have been a fan of the
> series for many years now, and own almost every one of the zelda games in the
> current series, and if it's one thing that I have noticed by playing and
> analysing them, then it's that every single zelda game is different in every
> way, be-it the gamplay, the storyline or in this case the graphical style. And
> because Shigeru Myamato likes to make every zelda game different from the last,
> and does'nt go for "typical" sequels, this is paerty why the zelda
> series has been such a success and will continue to be a sucess for a long time
> into the future.
I for one love the new look of Zelda on the gamecube, sure the
> E3 demo looked impressive, but graphics are not everything that make up a game,
> and I think that this is the message that Shigeru Myamato is trying to put
> across, as well as bringing the series back to it's roots, with mesmorising
> gameplay, and flawless control.
And because of the graphical nature of the
> game, this will make it much more easier to fit a whole lot more of the actual
> game it'self onto the gamecubes disk, not forgeting that a single gamecube disk
> can hold over 120 times more data than youre average N64 cartridge, so this will
> probably mean that we can expect even more of the fiendishly well planned
> dungeons that we all know and love, more characters on-screen at the same time,
> a new and improved z-targeting system based on Ocarina Of Time game mechanics
> and lots more besides.
So although the graphical style may have taken a
> dramatic turn, this is,nt to say that this turn is for the worse, in fact when
> you consider all the aspects that I have mentioned above, you could even say
> that it's for the best which I personally think it is.
And can you name one
> game that Shigsy has messed up on? I did'nt think so.
slik ~_~

I owned and completed both Zelda games on the N64 and they were fun . Why don't you go and talk 2 some other people and see wot you think, other than the other regulars. Shigeru's idea may be original, but I think it just ruins Zelda's rather classy image .
I'm not saying the gameplay is bad, I'm just saying that the graphics look babyish . It's not gonna attract many fans who r after good graphics, like they saw at the E3 demo last year.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.