GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think of the GC Zelda game ?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/10/01 at 16:40
Regular
I and all my friend agree that the new Zelda game looks awful. Talk it babyish, it's a cartoon. The E3 version was so promising, but to go and ruin it all by making Link a member of the muppets was not a particulary clever idea.
What do u think ?
Fri 19/10/01 at 18:21
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
JUst WAIT AnD SeE wHaT HaPpEnS?!!!!!!
Tue 16/10/01 at 12:16
Regular
"not dead"
To say that this looks childish is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

The video is really quite dark, in appearance, and atmosphere. The look of the characters may be a little deceptive, but I imagine that this will be one of the better Gamecube games in it's first 2 years.

(It will definitely be out by the end of 2002 in Japan, so 2003 here, probably!)
Tue 16/10/01 at 11:54
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The new Zelda certainly does look different, i think it is hit and miss with some people becuase it is such a dramatic change to what we saw in the 3D screenshots earlier in the year. I downloaded the video from IGN a while ago and i have to say that while the action is nice and fluid it still hasnt won me over to the new style. I will wait and see what the reviews are like before i purchase it when it is finally released.
Mon 15/10/01 at 20:41
Regular
Lubly Jubly !!!
Mon 15/10/01 at 16:52
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Aren't Nintendo's slogans just the best?

:)

------"What does it take to make a great console?"
----------"What it takes, is the Nintendo difference!"
Mon 15/10/01 at 16:24
Regular
"DS..."
i woud'nt even call the screenshots unimpressive, just different, it's the "nintendo difference!"
slik ~_~
Mon 15/10/01 at 11:55
Regular
People just don't realise.

These cell shaded graphics look fabulous in motion.

Too many people are just judging it by unimpressive screenshots.
Sun 14/10/01 at 20:20
Regular
I'm still gonna get it, despite the new look. It'll be quite cool with the disney style effects. I still prefer the old graphics, but it does make a change.
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:57
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Yep ur rite! I have all of the zelda's! Even the limited edition gold cart on teh NES!!!! & as long as they keep coming Im gona keep gettin them!
Sun 14/10/01 at 12:22
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Hmmmmmm...........

Zelda has been popular for years right?

From it's first incantation back on the NES to it's N64 grandchild!

Well pick yourself up a NES emulator and a Zelda game! It looks REALLY baaaaad! But it was was renound and loads of people liked it! So with this new graphical style for Zelda on Gamecube, there's no reason it shouldn't play as well as all the other Zelda games in the past!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.