GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube_ everyone MUST have their say"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/10/01 at 21:11
Regular
I Like the Gamecube. I prefer it to the other systems.
What do u think ?
Mon 15/10/01 at 12:51
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:

Also,
> the GameCube has inferior polygin and mathematic capabilities compared to the
> PS2 (although superior textures) which allows for bigger landscapes, more detail
> and more complicated games, which I like the sound of. Sony also have some
> excellent exclusive developers, such as Sony Studios Liverpool, Camdem and Soho,
> Blade Interactive, Naughty Dog and probably Codemasters and Criterion.

Mathematic capabilities?

Isn't this done in the processor?

If so, the PS2 has the same number of "bits" as the Gamecube on but the Gamecube has a higher frequency so it can do more calculations a second.
Also, the Gamecube has large Cache so it's more efficient and effective with it's calculations.

In what way does the PS2 allow more advanced calculations and AI?
Sun 14/10/01 at 20:00
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
U got it in one!!!!
Sun 14/10/01 at 19:56
gamecube rocks!
Sun 14/10/01 at 19:53
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Yep theres more devolopers than that to! + Theres gona be 6 Resident Evil games on game cube! And from now on they are exclusive to Nintendo!!!
Sun 14/10/01 at 19:32
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Naughty Dog? I'm was pretty sure that Crash was comming out on Gamecube. I think it's comming out on GBA too!

As for Nintendo's developers:-
Nintys own band of coding geniouses
Rare
Left-Field
Factor 5
Retro Studios
Capcom {resi evil}
etc etc

:)
Sun 14/10/01 at 15:20
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I think the GameCube is OK at best. I don't like Nintendo games because they tend to be quite lethargic. So far I have enjoyed my PS2 immensley. I once had an N64, and although there are some good games, the majority are not to my taste. However, on the PS2, I already have more games than I can play, like GT4, Quake 3, TimeSplitter, Fur Fighters and the quite simply excellent SSX.

Also, the GameCube has inferior polygin and mathematic capabilities compared to the PS2 (although superior textures) which allows for bigger landscapes, more detail and more complicated games, which I like the sound of. Sony also have some excellent exclusive developers, such as Sony Studios Liverpool, Camdem and Soho, Blade Interactive, Naughty Dog and probably Codemasters and Criterion.

So, all in all, the PS2 is a much better choice for me. I'm not saying the GameCube's not good, it's just that I think the PlayStation 2's better.
Sun 14/10/01 at 10:43
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Is it me or is Nintendo the only one who can get colours to look OK! I mean look at PS2's new colours!!! Wot r they thinkin!
Sat 13/10/01 at 21:55
Regular
You seem intelligent enough.

Welcome to the forums.
Sat 13/10/01 at 17:37
Regular
"Remember me?"
I'm not the Dark Mark from NGC Magazine, although that Dark Mark is pretty cool. I just called myself Dark Mark 'cos my name's Mark and, er - ahem. Anyway, I'm Dark Mark. My player names on Perfect Dark deathmatch on N64 and Quake 3 Arena on Dreamcast are also Dark Mark.
Sat 13/10/01 at 15:38
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Joe_Poly wrote:
> I'll probably get a purple one.

Have you seen the new colours for the
> PS2?
They look at bit dodgey!

They look VERY dodgy!

Except the silver one, which is OK. I'll stick with my black PS2 and orange GC please!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.