GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst N64 game?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/10/01 at 16:35
Regular
Well i've seen enough posts by people asking "What's everyones fav. N64 game la la la".

Well what I ask is:-
"Which games have you bought which you hardly ever played / never finished cos it was soooo PANTS / just thought was completely naff and so took it back to the shop the next day?"

Well here are two of my choices:-

1. Milos Astro Lanes.
Well it was actually my younger brother who bought this, and it was a REALLY bad game! It took my 1 night to play through the whole game {I can't beleive I bothered to complete it}. Well anyway, that game got taken back to the shop and exchanged for NFL Quarterback Club, and some NHL ice-hockey game, which were FAR better.

2. Body Harvest.
I bought this game for somthing like £6 from an HMV last year. It was one of those N64 games I always wanted. It's here because it's one of those games that I never bothered to get that far in. I thought when I started it that it was a good game, but by the time I got to the third level or something, I just got quite sick of it. It was just really annoying the save game system in it, by the fact that you had to keep restarting levels over when you died n stuff. Well that's how I remember it, been a while since I've played it.

So what games have you had experiances like this with?
Mon 15/10/01 at 20:31
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Draughts. I don't know how to play that properly though! As this talk about board games has just reminded me about Risk. Dammit, I wonder where I have a copy of WinRisk! Grrr more than likely on a CD back home! Grrrr! Perhaps i'll play the version i've got on me Playstation instead!

:)
Mon 15/10/01 at 20:08
Regular
Cooky wrote:
> How can you not know how to play chess? It's soo easy! Also quite enjoyable
> unless you get beat in three moves!

I don't know how to play it, just never been taught. I know how to play draughts though!
Mon 15/10/01 at 18:50
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Same here, but chess isnt the same playing it on/against a computer! Its much beta having human interaction on this game! That way its always a different challange, & can be made more fun, by changing the rules depending on who your with ;)
Mon 15/10/01 at 18:40
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I surpose I could do that, but I prefer playing games on my consoles rather than on my PC!

Mon 15/10/01 at 18:22
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Yea but why pay so much cash to play chess on an N64 when u could play it on the PC for free, by ddownloading it off the net!
Mon 15/10/01 at 18:17
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
How can you not know how to play chess? It's soo easy! Also quite enjoyable unless you get beat in three moves!

Mon 15/10/01 at 17:58
Regular
Cooky wrote:
> Chess is great! I haven't played a chess game in ages! I don't think i've ever
> seen a chess game for the N64. I'll have to go look for it!

I don't know how to play chess!
Mon 15/10/01 at 17:56
Regular
Cooky wrote:
> Even the screenshots of Carmageddon look PANTS! No offence to SR but didn't
> they give it something like 95% in their mag? HA HA HA!

Well, they have to try and sell stuff!
Mon 15/10/01 at 17:07
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Even the screenshots of Carmageddon look PANTS! No offence to SR but didn't they give it something like 95% in their mag? HA HA HA!

Mon 15/10/01 at 11:12
Regular
Cooky wrote:
> Well I guess it all depends how high your standards are! I can generally find
> some good aspects in most games, and i'm pretty sure I could find some good
> things to Clayfighter!

It was an exact copy of the original SNES games and they got marks up in the 80% range so it wasn't all bad. Don't think i'd run out and buy it but it certainly was better than Carmageddon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.