GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst N64 game?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/10/01 at 16:35
Regular
Well i've seen enough posts by people asking "What's everyones fav. N64 game la la la".

Well what I ask is:-
"Which games have you bought which you hardly ever played / never finished cos it was soooo PANTS / just thought was completely naff and so took it back to the shop the next day?"

Well here are two of my choices:-

1. Milos Astro Lanes.
Well it was actually my younger brother who bought this, and it was a REALLY bad game! It took my 1 night to play through the whole game {I can't beleive I bothered to complete it}. Well anyway, that game got taken back to the shop and exchanged for NFL Quarterback Club, and some NHL ice-hockey game, which were FAR better.

2. Body Harvest.
I bought this game for somthing like £6 from an HMV last year. It was one of those N64 games I always wanted. It's here because it's one of those games that I never bothered to get that far in. I thought when I started it that it was a good game, but by the time I got to the third level or something, I just got quite sick of it. It was just really annoying the save game system in it, by the fact that you had to keep restarting levels over when you died n stuff. Well that's how I remember it, been a while since I've played it.

So what games have you had experiances like this with?
Sun 04/11/01 at 00:57
Regular
Body Harvest was damn good fun, it kinda lost something after a few levels, but i was still damn good fun.

The graphics where all a bit cruddy, but the actual game was damn good. Had sooo much fun flying the Airplanes on the first level.

That's one game I would like to see an update of, with good graphics and better controls and a better save system, that could be a frickin amazing game.

Don't even tell me you didn't enjoy jumping the river on the Motorbike?
Sun 04/11/01 at 00:56
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
it's not like it was Carmageddon 64 or Superman bad. They are in a different league of total crappiness.
Sun 04/11/01 at 00:51
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Yer it wasn't thaaaaaat bad a game!

But the lack of a decent save mode let the game down BIG TIME!

:)
Sun 04/11/01 at 00:49
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
You like it? cheesy :)

anyway :D
I guess i liked that i could drive around in 1900's cars etc...heh..
but to me. the game was all bit to "cheap"
Sun 04/11/01 at 00:46
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Hey!

I bought body harvest!
It is actually ok when u get into it. but the graphics aren't great. the gameplay is very original, it's just really annoying that u can't save more often! When u get big beefy vehicles it's really cool! But u die to often and have to start the HUGE levels ALL OVER AGAIN! It's enough to drive you mad! (which might explain me!)
Sun 04/11/01 at 00:21
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Body harvest...The Worst game that i ever come into.
the opening intro started off as a cheesy man running down a hallway
in his dodgy cheesy suit. he was cut! and 2D Blood dipped to the floor. YES! 2D....
later then seeing the little cilp of the alien keeping up a drip of the fake looking 2D blood, In the game was just as bad. The World was in deep Fog, Glitchs Everywhere :)
The aliens did look ok but everything else about the game was soo bad...if any1 cheesy or man ehough to take on this game and have a try of completing it....GOD BLESS YOU..
Thank God i rented this title...phew....
Sat 03/11/01 at 20:09
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Well I finally played Clayfighter.

It wasn't C***, but then again it wasn't GREAT!

I've only played through it once, and that was with Earthworm Jim. The voices can gets really annoying. With the characters saying the same thing everytime they do a certain move!

After i've played it a few more times I'll be able to say what I really think.

I'll say now though, that it's not as good as Fighters Destiny!

Tue 23/10/01 at 22:11
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Was it a mate of yours you sold it to?

Tue 23/10/01 at 21:10
Regular
"One More Chance"
I know he was probably blind, but hey! *<:0D
Tue 23/10/01 at 16:04
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
£20!

Can't believe you got someone to take if off you for that much!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.