GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Example: Console Wars - who is the best?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/07/03 at 01:05
Regular
Couldn't think of a title, so that'll do.

Ok, I'm pisssed off and I am feeling in the need of a rant. Or I'll just bottle it up like those people you see on CNN who've suddenly snapped after years and years of bottling up their anger and just going out on a random shooting spree at the local golf club...and I do live near a couple of golf courses...

Why do managers seem to think people (people being me) can do the jobs of three people?
Why? Why are managers so retarded? I mean for Christ’s sake to even become a manager you need a bloody degree. I thought to get a degree you needed to have at least the slightest glimpse of intelligence.
But nooooooooo, as soon as they become managers it's all about "the good of the business"

HELLO! I've been working there for less than a year, I'm NOT fully trained yet and you expect me to run the lab, train the Saturday lass, fix the fu**ing processor (the machine that turns films into negatives) get out work on time when it's not physically possible?! Is it really so hard to ask me for a quote when taking in stuff on the hour? "Oo are you ok on the hour Nicola?" I would be if you told me what you wanted to bring in instead of throwing it into my face expecting the imfu**ingpossible.

And as well as that you want me to clean the floor? Granted I turned it yellow when I flooded the place with chemicals. But it's been like that for over a week, it's had pure bleach on it. There’s no way in hell is that going back to it's original color love. And if you're so worried about the Area Manager Twatmaster seeing it, DON'T BRING HIM INTO THE BLOODY MINI LAB!

Neighbors. No not the crappy soap on BBC1. My neighbors, can't you see that when you're standing in the street screaming on the top of your voice that you hate your daughter and calling her every name under the sun that you are not only waking me up, but making a utter twaat of yourself?
And if the police run into your house after your dick of a boyfriend and he runs off, can't you see it's obvious he's done something wrong otherwise he wouldn't run away.

That spak on the Lottery advert is still pisssing me off.
Someone smack her. Please.

No replies to my texts. How rude.

I haven't been out since Saturday night. This is shameful for someone of my age. I should be out now, but instead I'm sat here ranting on about stuff to a bunch of complete strangers.

I have no life.
Thu 10/07/03 at 11:35
Regular
 MuEl Of DaRkNeSs wrote:
> Mystiques crayzeee
You're crazy.
Thu 10/07/03 at 11:34
Am I so dumb?(ambiguous question)

What game shop sounds like Game?
Thu 10/07/03 at 10:45
Regular
"118 118"
My manager is a really nasty woman.

I have only worked in the kitchens for two nights (I'm working again tonight actually - damn!) On my first night (We are meant to get two nights full training) she starts yelling at me because I didn't know where a certain pan went. Erm, Hello, it is a huge restaurant kitchen with like 5,000 pans and stuff. To top it all off she has her bloody 6 year old daughter running around the kitchen playing hide and seek. I have to carry about 50 plates from one side of the kitchen to the other (its about 40 meters long). She runs into my legs and I get told off for not watching where I am going by the bloody manager.

Managers, quite frankly, are blithering idiots. The only reason I work there is the money. Quite simply.

Anyway Nic, just get an AK-47 and climb a clock tower. Do it the American way!
Thu 10/07/03 at 10:34
Regular
When I worked at a videogame shop (not Game, I never had any trouble off them - think of a shop with a similar name to them though), I had a real Hitler of a manager.

Examples:
Manager makes a 10p mistake on the tills - can't figure out where he's done it - blames all other staff, except his lovely friend the deputy manager. Therefore, in his eyes, all other staff in store are F-ing Pritt-sticks (you know what I mean) Plus, we're kept in store for two hours, thus costing the shop more wages, over 10p.

Manager takes £10 out the till to get some stationary stuff from a shop around the corner. The manager gives me the money, says what he wants, I promptly return with the reciept and change. Manager then decides to try and be clever, and cocksup putting the change back into the till - a process which even a complete retard could do. But no, we have to stay behind for ages, manager insists its everyone elses fault, until we prove to him he was in the wrong, he doesn't apologise for his repeated-swearing at us, we go home late again.

I go out on break, whilst I'm leaving the store, a bunch of kids obviously of one of the rougher areas of Cardiff, enter the shop. As I come back, they wave a PS2 in my face and say "This is mine". I shrug my shoulders - after all, 1 vs 5 isn't really a fair match, and I'm not gonna get hurt over a stupid games console. I find out that these kids had jumped up on the till and knicked a PS2 right infront of another member of staff who COULD have prevented it, but just stared. We all get telling off from the manager. He claims we should have grabbed them and assaulted them...yeah, like I'm getting a criminal record over a PS2!

The same kids come in on a day off of mine, open the door to the shop window - right infront of that other same member of staff, take out a GameCube and walk out. That's right, that other member of staff just stared. We all get a telling off and get suspected of conspiring to steal. How come he still works there?

There are two tills in the shop, the manager expected 3 of us to serve on them. Got frustrated when 3 of us served on them. Still expected 3 of us to serve on them. Therefore, the third one - normally me, was too slow for him for he had to wait for a till draw to close.

These are just a few of the examples of what the manager of that chain was like. He only got the job as he used to manage another store in the same company. And the interviewers said the other applicants had as much chance as him in getting the job - my backside! He didn't even try for the job! He just sat there!

Thu 10/07/03 at 09:36
"Gracia senoir"
Mystiques crayzeee
Thu 10/07/03 at 09:01
" Crazy!"
Mystique, learn to cope.

I get woken up every morning at 7, I don't want to be woen up at that time every morning simply because I could get up what ever time I want, but I don't complain.
Thu 10/07/03 at 03:05
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Heh for the first three weeks of my job I was rushing around all day and still not managing to keep up so I got moaned at. At the end of the third week I was told that the person who usually helps me will be back from the hospital next week so things will calm down for me.

WHAT!? You mean you moaned at me for not being able to do a two person job quick enough. I was on the brink of telling them that they could f##k the job and walk out too.
Thu 10/07/03 at 01:51
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
when i was bothering to work i did loads. Had a massive area i was meant to "patrol" and make sure the public arn't stupid (which they are)

Also got told i couldn't listen to my CD player while walking/cleaning out animals or watch the bird of prey displays while eating lunch.

Work sucks :(

im gonna try selling stuff on ebay now :) at least i can do that from home.
Thu 10/07/03 at 01:39
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Hedfix wrote:
> He's trying to get Mysti.

Ahh well tomorrow's a better day..

*takes suit off and puts sign on door "No more patients will be seen today"
Thu 10/07/03 at 01:37
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
I worked for B&Q as a very advanced sounding "RF-co-ordinator" and my job was to walk around with a pretty advanced barcode reader and log where every single item in the shop was located, and then go back and count every single item.

Daunting at first, then plainly the most boring job in the word.i used to get comments like "I hear that u've got more qualifications than the rest of us put together" <--ahem refering to A-levels.

The person that i was supposed to go to when stuck didnt like me and used to answer my questions with "I thought you did A-level maths you ought to figure that one out."

We used to get random locker and body searches as well before we could go home.

ARRRGGG anyway after spending one (1) unbearable month I quit, much to the annoyance of the manager who didnt ever speak to me again after i announced my resignation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.