GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo is for little kids."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/10/01 at 16:03
Regular
Are you all children?

Check dis. Banjo kazooie- Little kids cutesy game
Pokemon Stadium- Pokemon explains itself. It is sad and if you can argue with little multicoloured rats using lttle attacks on each other being for adults, then i'll throw my PS2 out of the window.
Zelda- A little dwarf. Violece, yeah, but it's not as adult as Final Fantasy.
Kirby- A little pink ball.....
mario- A cute little plumber, who walks around killing little turtles and little plants.
Donkey Kong- Another cute thing
And there are loads more.....

Ok, so you can argue. Turok, Perfect Dark and Goldeneye are all adult. But that's only 3 games. I suggest you grow up and buy a PS2
Wed 17/10/01 at 20:23
Regular
Titawhirl, Asher, in fear of breaking copyright laws, here's the Teletubbies review for the Playstation, developed by BBC, reviewed by Games MAster magazine in issue #112

" Tweenies: Game Time

Ah, toddler's software ahoy. It may be bright, it may be noisy but it is definately not educational. The BBC get games all wrong again. (Sigh.) 14% "

So can you beat that for finding a more babyish game for the N64?

I don't think so!

By the way, PokÈmon isn't an easy game, especially if all your friends have also got it and are doing their best to train their squads to attempt to beat you! PokÈmon maybe all 'cutesy' but it's still a challenging and exciting game to play (it's the reason I bought the link cable for Game Boy Color!)

Mario games childish? No, imaginative! Mario games are from Shiguru Miyamoto's imagination. They were designed for all ages and still are. Ok, you can exclude 'Mario's Preschool fun' for the PC, but that was educational software, and not a game. Mario games are challenging and require you to have a certain level of skill to complete.

Banjo Kazooie is very similar to Super Mario 64, and is just as difficult. You need to have a steady hand and quick reactions to complete this game. In my opinion it's one of the best N64 games that was ever released. Maybe you should try playing it instead of looking at the still images. It may seem a lot different to how you originally thought of it then!

Zelda isn't good because "it's not as adult as Final Fantasy"? That's the stupidest comment I've heard in a long, long time! Games don't have to have guts pouring out of bleeding orifices to be good. What's wrong with playing games that involve a character that's short, wears green, and attacks enemies with the magical Master Sword? Once again, these games aren't easy. Just because it looks like it's been designed for kids, it doesn't mean it was. I've still not completed Majora's Mask!

Kirby, "A little pink ball"? Well he was originally white in his Game Boy game, "Kirby's Dream Land". I admit to being able to complete Kirby's Dream Land in under 30 minutes without losing a single life, however I don't play it just to complete it. I play it to have some fun! A lot of "adult" designed games don't have the same element of fun that the cartoony games have.

Donkey Kong, "Another Cute Thing"? The worlds first platforming game was Donkey Kong. It featured 'Jump-man', later named 'Mario'. Ok, it was cartoony, but Cute? I think not. Not Donkey Kong anyway. Infact, have you seen Donkey Kong on Super Smash Bros? He hits a mighty punch! He may be a cartoon ape, but he's pretty tough, and his games are too.

Conkers Bad Fur Day is one game that proves most of my points in this topic. It all looks cutesy and cuddly, but have you ever seen a large piece of dung singing "Have a little acat you little (rhymes with cat)"? I think the great Sloprano could think of a few songs to describe how silly anyone must feel if they've called Nintendo childish!

I play games of all kinds because I find them fun. I don't like games to be too adult like, but I do like some form of realism in games. Titawhirl said that he's guessing someone is 12, "so should be playing PokÈmon". I still play PokÈmon games and I'm 16! Playing pokÈmon games doesn't mean I am, or even act like a 12 year old. It means I enjoy a variety of games. Games that stimulate the imagination.

Asher, the fact that you called Sonic childish prooves you know very little about videogames. Ok, I'm a big fan of Nintendo, however I'm also a fan of Sonic's games. I've played Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast, and if you think that game is designed for kids, you need to get your eyes tested! It's a speedy, action packed platformer which even sees you being chased by a large truck in the first level!

I could write you a large list of many games Nintendo have on their consoles past, present and some future which certainly aren't "cutesy". And even so, the games which have a cartoon element in them may be five times better for all you know. Try playing them before criticising them!
Wed 17/10/01 at 18:26
How's this for adult games for you then?
1) Perfect Dark
2) Goldeneye
3) Conker's Bad Fur Day (Of course)
4) World is not enough
5) Quake 2
6) Numerous racing games such as Ridge Racer, F1 and Excitebike
7) Resident Evil 2
8) I'm too bored to list anymore, but I hope I've made my point that Nintedo isn't just for little kids. Get your facts straight you Sony zealot
Mon 15/10/01 at 18:19
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
If I wanted realist & voilence, I would go out and do it for real! Video games are subposed to be ecsapist and entertaining!
Mon 15/10/01 at 17:09
Regular
Asher D wrote:
> Uh, how to put it, erm, oh yeah. WRESTLING SUX, you lil baby.

You write things like that and you'll have half the Sony people on your back as well.

Now where's Ant when you need him...
Mon 15/10/01 at 16:41
Regular
"DS..."
Asher D wrote:
> Are you all children?

Check dis. Banjo kazooie- Little kids cutesy game

> Pokemon Stadium- Pokemon explains itself. It is sad and if you can argue
> with little multicoloured rats using lttle attacks on each other being for
> adults, then i'll throw my PS2 out of the window.
Zelda- A little dwarf.
> Violece, yeah, but it's not as adult as Final Fantasy.
Kirby- A little pink
> ball.....
mario- A cute little plumber, who walks around killing little turtles
> and little plants.
Donkey Kong- Another cute thing
And there are loads
> more.....

Sad, pathetic, lame oh forget it, this guy is just sad!
slik ~_~
Ok, so you can argue. Turok, Perfect Dark and Goldeneye are all
> adult. But that's only 3 games. I suggest you grow up and buy a PS2
Fri 12/10/01 at 13:36
Regular
Uh, how to put it, erm, oh yeah. WRESTLING SUX, you lil baby.
Fri 12/10/01 at 13:25
I find it funny how some of the best selling games for playstation are the baby games so how can people get at nintendo. They make more gory games but like Spiriatii said they only advertise the baby games.

Also i went into my local game shop earlier and to my shock on its own BIG shelf there were 100s of very babyish games on PSone and all separate games not many repeats. STOP PICKING ON NINTENDO AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE CAUSE TM SAYS SO!!!!!!!!!!
Thu 11/10/01 at 22:35
Regular
Asher D wrote:
> Ok, 'll give you tht one. Conker's Bad Fur Day is good. And adult

You've got a fair bit to learn.

It's not the red certificate that you judge the game by.

Conker was as immature as hell, and gaming wise it was no more complex than say Mario 64.

It was still a brilliant game.

When you say for "kiddies", you imply that it's a game made for small kids.
Many of these games are far too difficult for these little kids to complete.

What you've got to realise that they're games for everyone.

They're as fun and challenging to the adult gamer as any red certificate "adult" game and yet they start easy enough and are accessable to little kids as well.

Ask any unbiased magazine around and they'll say that many of these "kiddie" games are the best games around - written by fully grown men.
Thu 11/10/01 at 18:58
My point exactly Tyranitar (I take it you use one of them?)
Thu 11/10/01 at 18:56
I don't know how people can say nintendo is babyish have you seen some games they have made eternal darkness is one of them any way what computer has the barbie games action man, tweenie and teletubbies and now BOB THE BUILDER you got it PLAYSTATION

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.