GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Michael Jackson: King or not?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/10/01 at 21:51
Regular
Vote here for whether you thnk Michael Jackson is still the king or not.

Vote:

Yes for king
or
No for not

I think he's the king. His music is original and great and he's always been the king. People don't like the fact that when he does something it always turns out to be the best, for example many of his albums and singles, especially his new single "You Rock My World" which was released today and will hopefully go to number one on Sunday.

Yes!!!
Thu 11/10/01 at 21:30
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
He may once have been the king (of popular music) but in todays music world there is no real status like that where if you release a single you will go staight to number 1 (some people might argue that the spice girls did it and westlife..... but "bands" like these don't tend to stick around for the long run) look at madonna she is not guaranteed a no.1, its the music industry it has changed as it always does with some older artists doing the rounds like Sir Cliff Richard, the Bee Gees......
Anyway such titles make the artists sound arrogant. Anyway he will always be the king of pop to his fans and I don't believe that they care what I think, in the same way that Elvis will always be the king to his fans.
Thu 11/10/01 at 21:40
sideshow buzz wrote:
> He may once have been the king (of popular music) but in todays music world
> there is no real status like that where if you release a single you will go
> staight to number 1 (some people might argue that the spice girls did it and
> westlife..... but "bands" like these don't tend to stick around for
> the long run) look at madonna she is not guaranteed a no.1, its the music
> industry it has changed as it always does with some older artists doing the
> rounds like Sir Cliff Richard, the Bee Gees......
Anyway such titles make the
> artists sound arrogant. Anyway he will always be the king of pop to his fans and
> I don't believe that they care what I think, in the same way that Elvis will
> always be the king to his fans.

true, well said.
Thu 11/10/01 at 21:48
Theres one thing i've realised in the british music industry, when a band/group/popstar has a number 1 hit or a string of top 5 hits they go away for a while and come back and go straight to number 1. Many bands have done this, e.g. Spice Girls, Westlife, Five with Lets Dance. And I can think of others that are probably going to do the same, e.g. Bewitched, Will Smith to bame two.

Hopefully Michale Jackson will have a top three hit with his new single "You Rock My World" (number one c'mon) and then will probably just get top ten with other singles unless they are awesome. The same will happen with his new album "Invincible", straight to number 1.
Thu 11/10/01 at 23:50
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
If the song doesn't go to number one, I'll eat my mouse (of the computer variety). Everyone is scared stupid of releaing their single on the same week as him - so there is practically no competition. Kylie has been knocking around for two weeks - in the current UK Top 40 that's a long time. She'll be gone, Jacko will be top.

Not that I'm in anyway commenting on the quality of the record.
Thu 11/10/01 at 23:55
Er so you guys don' think there is something strange in the chicken shed when a black guy bleaches himself white? He then takes to wearing masks, living in plastic bubbles and speaking of Bubbles his best mate is a chimp. As for the "he settled out of court". Most people can be bought and with his spending power I don't think it took much of his annual salary to gag them.
The arguments work both ways. If they really wanted to "expose" him as a peadophile then they should have gone ahead. If he really wanted to testify to his innocence he should have let them. Its not as though he can't afford a decent lawyer.
Musically I'm with Goatboy on this one. Post Quincy Jones and the "Off the Wall" album - god that title sounds prophetic in hindsight, he's done not much of any value.
As for his recent concert in Manhattan when he did little other than ramble incoherently and drag his showbiz friends out one by one for their turns, well what can you say.
And whilst I'm on a rant, his "heal the world" nonsense is nauseating. He now has a god complex and Jarvis doing a moony is about the only thing you could have done to dignify the lunacy.
Healing the world and childrens misery is going to take a bit more than a few saccharine ballads. He is the perfect example of a man lost in his celebrity.
Thu 11/10/01 at 23:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I like some of his older stuff, but I dont really pay him any attention now.

However...odd he looks now, you still cannot even get near the genius of songs like "Billie Jean" "Thriller" etc, he's written some classic, classic songs.
And he can dance.

Shame he just destroyed his face by trying to be white.
Just look at a pic of him now compared to "Off The Wall" era.

But music wise? He was awesome, just seems to regurgitate the same song these days.
Mind you, with his pedigree he is allowed to I suppose.
Fri 12/10/01 at 00:46
"The pen is mightier"
Which bit of the "King" has he sewn onto himself this time...??
Sat 13/10/01 at 12:25
Yeah.....

Michael Jackson Uk number 1

Yeah... he's back

Number 1...Number 1...Number 1...Number 1...Number 1
Sat 13/10/01 at 12:54
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
What's with these oldies comming back?

Kylie, Jacko, and now Natalie Imbrulia!

Oh well! Nice to see Jacko's still got his moves. I think his song quite good. Not that i've managed to hear the whole thing yet!

:)
Sat 13/10/01 at 13:38
Regular
Yeah I think he is still the King of Pop.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.