GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gameaday/filmaday request"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/10/01 at 19:24
Regular
When America was attacked, I suggested that Special Reserve not give out any prizes for that day as a mark of respect for all those innocent lives lost.

Are we going to do the same for those innocent Afghanistan people who have been caught up in all this?

(this is in no way supporting the Taliban, it is supporting innocent people who are righ now living in fear of their lives.)

Vote here with either a 'yes' or a 'no' to it. I shall leave it to Tony to decide (his company, his rules) but this feedback may help.

Thankyou.

Edgy
----
Sun 07/10/01 at 21:37
Regular
"I dnt wnt a Tagline"
Maybe we could send some games over to afghanistan.

OK bad idea.

I dont think GAD should stop, although it is a pleasant idea.
Sun 07/10/01 at 21:38
Regular
"You've upset me"
Nope. What's the point? I agree with the one on the 11th, but this time... no.

Sorry if that sounds a bit... err... crappy... but err... Oh goddamit you know what I mean!
Sun 07/10/01 at 23:05
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I would say no. If you want my reasons then just ask.
Sun 07/10/01 at 23:52
Regular
I would agree with Edgy but come on Edgy when all the Notables die do we want a GAD to stop as an act of respect??????

NO!!!!

Well actually i see Edgy's point all those innocent people must be terrified as the world goes against them!
Sun 07/10/01 at 23:53
Regular
mines Yes.
Mon 08/10/01 at 08:15
Regular
No. This is no way on the same scale as the 11th. People die all over the world of far worse. UK and USA are taking the course of action they see as right to solve this. You may not agree, but its not up to you to deceide the value of human life. Sorry if thats a little harsh, but its the truth.
Mon 08/10/01 at 10:14
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I say no, just because I don't see why GaDs and FaDs have to be stopped? it's not a sign of respect for them, if you want to do that, pray for them.
Mon 08/10/01 at 10:49
Regular
"I confused?"
Sorry mate, that ain't going to happen if the attacks were in this country then it might but as there across the pond then they probaly won't.
Mon 08/10/01 at 13:27
Regular
Trade center is hit:

Conditions are - no warning, many killed, including those sent to help. All are innocent.

Targets in Afghanistan hit:

Conditions are - warning (they knew for ages it was going to happen, and loads of people evacuated. They also warned people to stay clear of air bases). Yes, many were killed, but most were military or Taliban targets. They may be just doing their job, in which case they are innocent, but in an air base, you are doing the kind of job that comes with that kind of risk. The guilty are found, with some loss of innocent life. Finally, they even send food and supplies to help those that are really the innocent party - the general citizens found in the country.

Neither attack is a good thing, but they are markedly different.
Mon 08/10/01 at 13:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*Bites his lip and tries to play nice to the previous post*

A nice idea Edgy, and one I considered.

Innocent people died in the WTC attack, innocent people died last night/today/tomorrow.
Carpet Bombing Cities is no different to...y'know what, I'm not even going to try and explain this whole deal because it'll just be me urinating into the wind.

Just keep talking about games and which console is best, because that way you can discuss with an element of knowledge.
No offence to anyone here, but all I'm hearing is playground rhetoric concerning the "retaliatory" strikes.

Let's just go back to playing our video-games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.