GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gameaday/filmaday request"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/10/01 at 19:24
Regular
When America was attacked, I suggested that Special Reserve not give out any prizes for that day as a mark of respect for all those innocent lives lost.

Are we going to do the same for those innocent Afghanistan people who have been caught up in all this?

(this is in no way supporting the Taliban, it is supporting innocent people who are righ now living in fear of their lives.)

Vote here with either a 'yes' or a 'no' to it. I shall leave it to Tony to decide (his company, his rules) but this feedback may help.

Thankyou.

Edgy
----
Tue 09/10/01 at 09:15
Either way, it's a shame we have to take this route in order to try to end this disaster.
Tue 09/10/01 at 09:13
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Not really, I don't know how sucessful the bombing was, they always say they hit the targets but find they were locked onto a dog kennel or something, maybe a few trees got ripped apart. The thing is, if they did destroy a few homes then the people will all move together giving a more sucessful attack next time, they had food before, giving them American food doesn't mean the American's aren't winning, it means they could be a little less 'we're the boss, eat from our hands' and just do what they're supposed to do.
It's not a easy situation by any means, but they're taking the long way around it.
Tue 09/10/01 at 09:06
Which totally defeats the object of America's revenge!
Tue 09/10/01 at 09:05
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
The annoying thing abou the American's bombing the taliban is, the American's blow up some buildings, that kills thousands of people, then they drop loads of food suplies, probably more food than they've seen in a long time, the stupid thing about it is, they don't know if the refugees are getting the food, it may be dropping into the Taliban's hands.
Tue 09/10/01 at 08:56
I don't know, but being British really scares me. We've got ourselves caught up in all this and although we are supporting the right cause (America) is there a need to kill thousands of innocent civilians just to *maybe* get the one guilty one? Why can't we just find other ways of settling this other than mindless violence? I'm worried this may spiral into WW3 if we aren't careful.
Tue 09/10/01 at 08:16
Regular
It's not just innocent people getting killed. This is a war on terrorists and those people are guilty of it. Maybe not the WTC, but some act of terrorism. I'm not saying its right to kill them, but we shouldn't see this just in black and white.
Tue 09/10/01 at 00:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I agreed with him 100%.
(also posted my own thoughts on this situation in the Life forum)

Nice to know I'm not the only one thinking about innocent people being killed, whatever religion they are.
Mon 08/10/01 at 19:32
Regular
"Back in black"
Edgy wrote:

The reason I started this topic was
> because I wanted to make sure everyone knew that innocent people were caught up
> in the mess and thought about them. At least it's a sign to the rest of the
> world that the public are concerned.

you were right to post this, even if NO ONE agreed with you!
Mon 08/10/01 at 19:28
Regular
I was undecided when I posted this topic.

To those who believe that the Afghani(I think that's how you spell it) people had a warning, you're probably (not definately) wrong.

For a start, the Taliban don't care about women. They have to cover themselves from head to toe, if they differ from the dresscode, they get a severe beating.

Secondly, since the Taliban got power in Afghanistan, they have been performing executions of people who have done little wrong in the streets and in sports stadiums.

There are lots of innocent people being hurt and killed because of the Taliban.

I have not said that for every little thing we should stop Gameaday. I just thought that those who are innocently trapped in all this should have the same respect that people from all over the world got after the WTC attack.

The reason I started this topic was because I wanted to make sure everyone knew that innocent people were caught up in the mess and thought about them. At least it's a sign to the rest of the world that the public are concerned.
Mon 08/10/01 at 13:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*Bites his lip and tries to play nice to the previous post*

A nice idea Edgy, and one I considered.

Innocent people died in the WTC attack, innocent people died last night/today/tomorrow.
Carpet Bombing Cities is no different to...y'know what, I'm not even going to try and explain this whole deal because it'll just be me urinating into the wind.

Just keep talking about games and which console is best, because that way you can discuss with an element of knowledge.
No offence to anyone here, but all I'm hearing is playground rhetoric concerning the "retaliatory" strikes.

Let's just go back to playing our video-games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.