GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shenmue 3 CONFIRMED!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Shenmue 2'.
Mon 14/07/03 at 21:00
Regular
***SHENMUE 3 HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

What great news this is. Anyone who thinks this is a load of rubbish, then PLEASE check out shenmuedojo which has proof that the third installment in this epic saga is going to go ahead!!!!!

Some people may think, big deal it was always going to be released, and soem may say, who cares? I dont care to be honest,I am jsut sooooooo happy that FINALLY us Shenmue fans will be able to finish the epic story Yu Suzuki spent so long creating!!!

What a great day!!!
Thu 17/07/03 at 19:12
Regular
Yes I can. The controls are fine so stop being a cat.
Thu 17/07/03 at 18:28
Regular
There is nothing wrong with the controls unless you have miss shaped hands. Its the same with all the muppets who moan about the Resident Evil games.
Thu 17/07/03 at 17:41
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
I think IGN have it down for 2004/05, but i dont know how old that launch schedule is! I would have thought sooner because I have a sneeking suspiscion that Sega were worknig on Shenmue 3 before it was confirmed! SO I reckon they have developed more of the game than we actually know!

We will have to wait until more info on the game is released, which is around September time I think!
Thu 17/07/03 at 17:29
Yey i love the game, i have it on xbox and dreamcast...
SO any dates on it yet?
Wed 16/07/03 at 22:26
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Shenmue 3 has been confirmed, that is official, so those of you who are wary about this news, DONT BE!!!! The person who even made the Shenmue 3 petition stopped doing it because he heard of the announcement!

I would also like to quote the news from special reserver to confirm this EVEN more!!!! YAY!! Read, and be happy:

>>When we reported that Sega AM2 were set to announce something, we didn't realise that they were set to announce everything.
The speculation was rife that over the next few weeks we could expect to hear about Shenmue III, a next generation Outrun or a new Virtua Fighter game. Well it turns out that it was all of the above.

We've already brought you the skinny on Outrun 2, but now the next Shenmue and VF games have been confirmed.

The speculation around the continuation of the Shenmue saga has dragged on for some time now. The fans needed it - Sega couldn't decide whether to spend hundreds of millions making a game, or to release a CGI movie finishing the story. Thankfully for all concerned, the movie idea is out and the game is back on. There are no more details available at the moment, but you can rest assured that we'll bring them to you as soon as they are.

IMHO, this news is the best gaming news I have EVER heard!

C_K
Tue 15/07/03 at 19:04
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Just to rumour a little bit more.......

From C&VG:

SHENMUE III CONFIRMED? NOT ACCORDING TO SEGA UK

Which means precisely nothing, of course. Somebody tell us what's going on!

12:28 Several websites are reporting - with some degree of certainty, it's got to be said - that Shenmue III has been confirmed. There's no question marks, no talk of rumour, no ambiguity - apparently there's been an announcement that Sega AM2 is working on a third instalment, and that more details will emerge in September.

That date makes sense when you consider that the Japanese Shenmue website is being updated and relaunched in September - but perhaps there's an element of speculation involved here. We spoke to Sega's head of PR in the UK, who offered us the following, official, soul-sapping statement: "Sega has not made any official announcement about Shenmue III." Tchoh.

Further questioning elicited a grudging response: "We're not saying that Shenmue III isn't coming out, but it's not been confirmed by anyone at Sega yet, put it that way." So what to think now? Well, we'd guess it's probably coming; we'll have more on 'Mue III soon, no doubt.
Tue 15/07/03 at 18:47
Regular
"joypadjunkies.com"
Great i am a big Fan of the shenmue series, so i cant wait for the next one to come out. Since Shenmue came out it must be my fave game of all time, no matter what im sure that it will be worth the wait.
Tue 15/07/03 at 18:24
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
This is almost as good as winning the lottery. I've been waiting for this news since I finished Shenmue 2 ages ago.
Tue 15/07/03 at 18:02
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Someone said (I cant be arsed to find out who):
>>Sorry, forgot to mention the guy quoted is Yu Suzuki.

--Yeah, thats old news. Even before Shenmue 1 was released on the Dreamcast, Yu Suzuki had the whole story finished! So thats pretty obvious, the confirmed news that Shemnmue 3 is finally in development is good to hear.
Tue 15/07/03 at 10:53
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
"If there's demand for it, we'd love to make it, but it [the actual game release] is undecided."

If there's demand for it? Has he been living under a rock for the las**t year? Of course there's demand for it!

Are the Kennedy's gun shy?

Does a bear sh*t in the woods?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.