GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube Vs. X-Box"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/10/01 at 17:19
Regular
Why is almost everyone slagging off the Gamecube to the X-Box. The X-Box may be good by it's just a portatable computer. The Gamecube is a carefully thought out console, devoted to game playing a la the motto : born to game !
The Gamecube may look like a giant, repulsive cube but it looks a nicer than a giant X sprawn over a weetabix box.
The games on the gamecube are also a lot better than the useless X-Box Selection with Conkers Other Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark Zero and Tekken Revoloution.
The main reason everyone ignores it off is because it owns a childish image, which only applied to the N64. Nintendo have grown up, and with it, their consoles.
I know which console i'll get !!!
Sun 14/10/01 at 20:33
Regular
By the way, I never actually called the X-Box useless. I just said it had a "useless" selection of games. Which is completely true. I mean, who the hell wants a Shrek game.
Sun 14/10/01 at 17:12
Regular
Gamecube is much better than the X-box.
Sun 14/10/01 at 15:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yes, that's why I bought it ;-)
Sun 14/10/01 at 15:32
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
U sure do like your PS2!!!!
Sun 14/10/01 at 15:27
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The Xbox is absolutely MASSIVE! It's the size of a VCR! Bigger!

Out of the two, I'd rather have a GameCube, although I'd probably sell it and buy some PS2 games. Honestly.
Sun 14/10/01 at 10:23
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
The X-Box!!!! I already have a PC that is the same as it, & I dont need a TV + it does more than play games/DVD's. The gamecube is gona rock! Specialy now that companies like Capcom hava announced that Resident Evil series are going to be exclusive to gamecube, and that there is a total of six of them coming out on it! Then you have the new Perfect Dark, Conker (Follow up from Bad Fur Day) coming out on it! Who says Nintendo is a kids market most of them games have an 18 rating for starters! Other games consoles have lost the plot, they arent trying to make game consoles any more they are trying to make multi media machines! When the nxt gen comes out whos gona need another DVD player cos they already have one on their console! They are trying to hide wot it is about, GAMES! This is where nintendo stand high, I mean who hasnt played Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda! These are clasics that only Nintendo can make & now with games like Sonic from Saga on the machine the gr8 games list is just going to keep growing! And then we have the online playing aspect of the gamecube, but thats a different matter! I know I would prefer a gamecube to an X-box, because I already have a PC!
Sun 14/10/01 at 09:39
Regular
"DS..."
Talking about all things "repulsive" has anyone else seen the so-called "limited edition" coloured ps2's? they are absolutley disgusting! what are the colours? i here you say, yellow! (yuk!) red! (putrifying!) Blue! (Terrible!) White! (nausiating!) and silver (can't they do anything right?) go and have a look at them on the SR homepage, then come back here and rate them on a scale of 1-10 (1 being a sickly feeling in the back of your throat, and 10 being projectile vomiting) i'd go for 10, got to go now cos i'm feeling an urge to obscure the screen with vomit!
*slik rushes to the toilet, trips, does'nt quite make it and projectile vomits everywhere! (nuff said really!)
slik ~_~
Sat 13/10/01 at 21:38
Regular
The GC is small, cubelike and NOT repulsive
Sat 13/10/01 at 17:14
Regular
OI, shut up Jaimie.
Fri 12/10/01 at 22:28
Hi Dom, nice discussion

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.