GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A bit of help please..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/07/03 at 18:36
Regular
Going to pick up a PS2 again in the next few days but wondered what the temprement was like. I owned one for 7 months before and didn't have any problems but I hear and read so many stories about how they brake down etc. I only mention this as I was thinking of getting a second hand one as I will be able to pick up a couple more games. However with the Disc errors and numerous problems I wondered if it would be better getting a new PS2?

Any information would be appreciated, thanks.
Sat 19/07/03 at 00:04
Regular
Indeed I did.

I am still looking for a reasonable package without a lot of games in it. I want a memory card, Devil May Cry, Tenchu 3 and possibly Tomb Raider. I know there isn't such a package but I am looking for something similar and along those lines.
Fri 18/07/03 at 23:04
"High polygon count"
Jive wrote:
> Hmmm are you sure about that statement, I thought the X-Box when it
> was released was more than the PS2.

What he means is that PS2 was released at £299, and so was Xbox.
Fri 18/07/03 at 18:27
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
I would get a new Ps2 not a second hand one.
Thu 17/07/03 at 23:05
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> The Xbox cost the same as the PS2 when it was released

Hmmm are you sure about that statement, I thought the X-Box when it was released was more than the PS2.

> I got my Optical Cable when I got my Surround Sound system so that
> isn't a problem.

There you go then, your sorted!

:D
Thu 17/07/03 at 22:07
Regular
The Xbox cost the same as the PS2 when it was released and unless you have a big TV and decent Sound setup the Advanced Scart is pretty useless.

I got my Optical Cable when I got my Surround Sound system so that isn't a problem.
Thu 17/07/03 at 21:14
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
£9.99 from SR, compatible with both X-Box (hmmmm) and PS2.
Thu 17/07/03 at 20:57
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
But the X-box cost more than the PS2. It should have had a digital output on it already. I'm sure the 'advanced scart lead' costs more than an optical cable.
Thu 17/07/03 at 18:35
Regular
They made it an option for those who wanted it. If you didn't there wasn't a need to buy the extra peripherals thus saving the consumer more money.

*Hands coat over*
Thu 17/07/03 at 16:56
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
But do they do that for the PS2?

Nope

Because it's got a optical port already, so why not use that instead.

*gets up off floor*

*walks back into view*
Thu 17/07/03 at 16:50
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah.

*shoves him on the way out*

Let that be a lesson.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.