GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"God damn MSN"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/07/03 at 19:07
Regular
Ok, this will take a long explanation, but please help:

Internet Explorer 5 started to go wrong for some strange reason. IT wouldn't display forms anymore so I couldn't use any forums or sign i nto anywhere. So I thought, "Time for a change" and upgraded to IE6. Now, I can use forms again (otherwise I wouldn't post here) and whilst I was at it, I upgraded to MSNM6 from MSNM5. For a few days before I upgraded MSNM, I couldn't sign in. And now, I STILL can't sign in. It's bee nhappening for more than a week now, and I haven't yet got a reply from the Hotmail staff. I sent an email yesterday.

Please help
Fri 18/07/03 at 19:36
Regular
Oh...

:c\
Fri 18/07/03 at 19:36
"period drama"
MSN is pure evil.
It should die horribly in it's own brain-sucking carrot-vommit. And then be kicked a lot by big fat yanks with metal shoes.
Fri 18/07/03 at 21:32
Thinking about it my dad couldnt log on to his messenger account yesturday and still cant, he has been having problems with it for a while now...
It keeps saying that there is either a problem at their end or his password is incorrect...
Even though when he puts it all in it is definatly right, but sometimes it goes on sometimes it just wont, strange...
Fri 18/07/03 at 21:39
Regular
"I'm Great."
I had that come up last night, "the password or sign in name is wrong". It's working fine for me now though. Has signed me out once today for some strange reason but it's working so far. Preparing for it to crash any second now.
Fri 18/07/03 at 21:41
Yer i am having that problem too, with 4.7, i do have 5.0 and 6.0...
But to be honest i like and use the 4.7 it used to be so relyable but now it is give a few people password problems, ah well ill still continue to use it, i still think that it is the best one...
I just done see the point in having all these pictures and extra games and whatever else there is...
I only go on it to talk, never to play games or send pictures and non important stuff like that...
Fri 18/07/03 at 21:47
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Twain wrote:
> CGJ wrote:
> ...What does messenger do?...
>
> (Three dots)
>
> I get a sodding error message that says, "Sorry, we could not
> sign you in because the sign-in name you entered does not exist or
> your password is incorrect.
>
> If you have forgotten your password, please click Help in the main
> Messenger window, and then click Help Topics for instructions on
> resetting your password"

I had this original problem wiv my first msn account, i left it for ages then got a new account, went back to it a while ago to reactivate the account (at least try) and at the secret questions thing it said do you know why microchips hacked your computer!

Whats that all about?

Microchips, u got any ideas?
Sat 19/07/03 at 10:11
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
EL Robin wrote:
> Thinking about it my dad couldnt log on to his messenger account
> yesturday and still cant, he has been having problems with it for a
> while now...
> It keeps saying that there is either a problem at their end or his
> password is incorrect...
> Even though when he puts it all in it is definatly right, but
> sometimes it goes on sometimes it just wont, strange...

Same here. I know my password is exactly right. I know my Hotmail addy used to sign in is right, but it won't sign in at all, anymore. IT says my sign in name or password is incorrect.
Sat 19/07/03 at 10:17
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Problems in general:
- Since I upgraded to IE6, I have not been able to sign in to any version of MSN Messenger
- I cannot sign in via http://msn.com
- I cannot sign in via http://hotmail.com
- I sent an email to the support team two days ago. It said it'd take 24 hours for them to reply. I asked for them to reply to my home email address rather than my Hotmail one. There has been no reply.
- I can only access teh sign-in page and the homepage of http://hotmail.com and http://msn.com. If I try to access another page by typing the address in, Internet Optimizer stops me, when no such program was ever installed and I cannot find the program to delete it.
Sat 19/07/03 at 10:27
Maybe they are doing this so that if you do have an older version of messenger you have to upgrade it...
But it does it on the newer ones too, heh very strange...
Just one of those things i guess...
Sat 19/07/03 at 10:28
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
It's probably just my god-damned luck. Oh yeah, whe nI had MSNM5 I also had MSN Plus if that would cause anything . . .

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.