GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MSR for PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metropolis Street Racer'.
Sat 19/07/03 at 12:17
Regular
Dear all,

I used to have a Sega dreamcast and used to really enjoy one of the few decent games on it - MSR (Metropolis Street Racer).

Does anybody know if this game is out on PS2 or if there is a game similar to it out?

Cheers
Sat 19/07/03 at 17:04
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
martinkearn wrote:
> Dear all,

> Does anybody know if this game is out on PS2 or if there is a game
> similar to it out?

MSR isn't out on the PS2 and there are no plans that I know of to bring the series to Sony's console.

There's not much close to it on the PS2, although Midnight Club 2 is one alternative. MC2's graphics aren't anywhere near as good as those in MSR, plus it's a very twitchy game (one mistake and that's it, might as well reload the race because you'll never catch up).

Gran Turismo 3 is the closest you'll get, Gran Turismo 4 is out in a few months though so maybe hold back and wait for that.
Sat 19/07/03 at 15:18
Regular
Its a small section but I can appreciate that some won't find it fun. I thought it was a great idea as it took away a 100% focus on racing and made the game more of a challenge.
Sat 19/07/03 at 15:12
"High polygon count"
Nothing wrong with the racing, though.
Sat 19/07/03 at 15:12
"High polygon count"
What can I say? I just didn't find the whole cones thing fun at all.
Sat 19/07/03 at 15:08
Regular
Thenwhole setup for PGR is fantastic. Its the Halo of driving games for me.
Sat 19/07/03 at 15:02
Regular
I liked the way you could do spins in your car which would get you more points.
Sat 19/07/03 at 14:57
Regular
Thats part of the game and it adds to the fun. Played well over 100 hours on it and for me its the best racing game since Mario Kart on the Snez. Its emphesis is on fun and currently there isn't anything that comes close with this amount of fun and lastability.
Sat 19/07/03 at 14:45
"High polygon count"
*have TO dodge cones
Sat 19/07/03 at 14:44
"High polygon count"
PGR is fun for a while. Then you run out of cars to race and have dodge cones. Gimme GT3 any day of any week.
Sat 19/07/03 at 14:31
Regular
PGR was really good when i played it in the shops, hopefully something like it should come onto PS2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.