GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-Zero Query"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero GX'.
Mon 21/07/03 at 10:32
Regular
Anyone know what the release date for the US version of F-Zero? I'd rather not buy a Jap version when it's released on Thursday...
Tue 22/07/03 at 12:37
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Maybe so..
Tue 22/07/03 at 13:18
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
maybe not ?
Tue 22/07/03 at 14:38
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Play-Asia are shipping F-Zero at the moment.

Some will get there's on Thursday, others including myself will get it on Monday.
Tue 22/07/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
They ship it very early don't they, it's not officialy out until Friday in Japan !
Hope your japanese is good
Wed 23/07/03 at 08:05
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> They ship it very early don't they, it's not officialy out until
> Friday in Japan !
> Hope your japanese is good

Actually, it's out on Thursday.

Japanese? Pfft. It's a racer. What's to know? ;)
Wed 23/07/03 at 09:02
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I'll find you some links to screenshots .... I'm still toying with the idea of getting a Jap copy but think I'll wait for USA one.
Wed 23/07/03 at 09:06
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
So will I. Apparently there's quite a lot of Japanese text to go through.
Wed 23/07/03 at 09:24
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
look at these shots

http://www.mkdd.co.uk/fzero/070803_fzero_ss-04.jpg

(just change the 04 at the end to 05, 06, 07, 08 for four more shots)

By the way, 2 people on fzerocentral.com can read japanese and will translate any menu's etc you need help with
Wed 23/07/03 at 09:51
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Okie dokie. For the Freeloader amongst you:

Taken from Playasia -

After several rumours which we read on the Internet, we have now tested running F-Zero GX on an American as well as PAL Game Cube™ machine while booting up with Datel's Freeloader disc. We have tried all 3 boot methods and came up with the same weird results on all our Cubes:

F-Zero GX starts to boot up and certain text menus suddenly appear in English language (while the game would usually display Japanese text menus), however the main menu points are missing completely and you have to guess through it until you can start a race. When playing the game itself, certain things such as speed & lap indicator are missing completely which makes it rather difficult to play the game.
Wed 23/07/03 at 14:32
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Umm, you really need to look at the pics/video's on play-asia.com to get the full picture (no pun intended).

Also I know a chap in Holland who got his copy from play-asia this morning, what service eh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.