GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boogeyman"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/07/06 at 00:58
Regular
"Mooching around"
Has he gone? He was our #3 poster for a while I think.

Well... He brought the posts in eh?
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:23
Regular
"Mooching around"
Isn't there around 200,000,000 people learning English in China? That's more than triple the entire population of the UK!
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Machie wrote:
> One problem about going to a country to learn a language
> especially Holland is that they may be more interested showing
> you their English skills than letting you test your language.
> Except maybe some of the countries where English isn't so
> popular. Like Japan, they're terrible at learning languages in
> school.

China was bad for that, everyone would try and speak English to you and show off their skills, had no chance to practice your Chinese skills
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:17
Regular
"Mooching around"
Oo a race lol. Still, somehow I'm #1 which has never happened before and it feels kind of empty actually.
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:14
Regular
lmao! now theres something I didn't know. I know they have wacky signs though, ebcause they can't convert to english so it says stupid things on the signs, plus I'm catching up to you machie on the top posters bit :)
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:11
Regular
Boogeyman wrote:
> Yeah but Japan makes up for it by being awesome engineers and
> astonishingly clever and respectable nation

Plus they have vending machines that sell girls panties :D
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:09
Regular
Yeah but Japan makes up for it by being awesome engineers and astonishingly clever and respectable nation
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:09
Regular
Boogeyman wrote:
> Add that to the fact that he would be awesomely skilled, for
> example when he's abroad and someone says something about him in
> a language, he'd know what they said and could reply. In like
> most languages, that would be cool. Especially on things like
> aircraft as you always get laods of different nationalitys and
> they are always trying to talk to each other in their own
> languages and talk about the staff etc

Yes it can be quite fun. My girlfriend's brother he can speak 4 languages. she said one time while they were in a cafe he was speaking to 4 friends and all in different languages LOL. I think they were English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Hokkien.
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:07
Regular
Shrimper wrote:
> I have been to germany twice now and have more of an
> understanding. I find german far easier than french as german in
> my opinion has many more words which sound like english words
> (cognates) so you could get away with saying it in english as a
> german may understand you drift.

Yes I know what you mean it helps a lot. I havent been to Germany yet but I'm hoping to go soon. Or perhaps to Austria.

> Why are you learning 9 languages?
>
> With nine languages and being fluent you could make a job of
> being a translater for massive companies.

I get that question a lot, I guess it seems like a waste of time, that if I concentrated on just one or two I would be fluent. But I'm just one of those people who's keen on learning anything and everything. I think most people will find that they already know several words or phrases in other languages already thanks to the magic of TV and movies :) I just took that one step further. I doubt I'll be fluent in all of them, but to be able to just understand a little is amazing.

Yes I think if I was fluent in all or just some of them I would be worth a lot. Some languages are easier than others and some closer to others. Like Spanish and Portuguese are quite similiar. German and Dutch, I think most people in Holland can speak English, German, Dutch and maybe even a little French.

One problem about going to a country to learn a language especially Holland is that they may be more interested showing you their English skills than letting you test your language. Except maybe some of the countries where English isn't so popular. Like Japan, they're terrible at learning languages in school.
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:01
Regular
Add that to the fact that he would be awesomely skilled, for example when he's abroad and someone says something about him in a language, he'd know what they said and could reply. In like most languages, that would be cool. Especially on things like aircraft as you always get laods of different nationalitys and they are always trying to talk to each other in their own languages and talk about the staff etc
Sun 02/07/06 at 20:59
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
I have been to germany twice now and have more of an understanding. I find german far easier than french as german in my opinion has many more words which sound like english words (cognates) so you could get away with saying it in english as a german may understand you drift.

Why are you learning 9 languages?

With nine languages and being fluent you could make a job of being a translater for massive companies.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.