GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console wars magazine article HELP NEEDED."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/07/03 at 16:16
Regular
I am writing an article for a future teenage magazine on the whole console wars debate and I need some help from all of you.

Basically, in the article, I want to explain the advantages and disadvantages of each particular console (PS2,Xbox,Gamecube) and which console would be right for them. The conclusion will basically be each person has a different opinion and therefore which console you choose has to be a personal choice but I want to list the pros and cons for each.

If you could help me by just listing 3 pros and 3 cons of either of the 3 consoles then then would really help me. I'm not asking for "Gamecube is the best because.........", what I need is "the pros and cons for Gamecube are as follows".

At the end of your message if you could just put VOTE and then the name of you favourite console then I might include this in the article as some sort of public opinion.

The magazine in question is only a local mag to be published soon and its a non-profit organisation.
I won't be copying your ideas, I just want to find out people's opinions on the matter but I think the vote part will be really interesting to include seeing as you are all obviously dedicated gamers and will be a good comparison of which console is most popular (as sales figures sometimes don't always tell the truth.....).

Thank you very much.
Thu 24/07/03 at 02:00
Regular
How about you do what PM said. It all sucks now and its a load of balls is the "my console has a bigger willy than yours" topic.

How can you say a console has the "worst graphics"? Its all down to the developers who utilise the systems and some are lazy and don't bother and then you get others which will use every bit available. Shenmue on the Dreamcast is a fantastic example of a developer utilising the development software on offer instead of being lazy.

Anyway enough said on that. Save your time though as its boring and no one wants to hear it anymore.

M U S T... S L E E P !
Wed 23/07/03 at 23:14
Regular
"A.K.A QAWSEDRFTGYH"
Here is my opinion:

Xbox:
-most powerful graphics chip and clock speed.
-huge controllers that annoy your hands and fingers.
-you can rip cds and you dont need a memory card to save

Gamecube:
-more multiplayer games
-controllers are a perfection ( except for the 'z' button)
-small, compact and easy to bring to a friend's house

PS2:
-largest library of videogames
-worst graphics
-dvd player without buying any additional items

VOTE:GAMECUBE O YA
Wed 23/07/03 at 22:56
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
How about doing an article that says anyone who still puts any effort at all into anything resembling 'console wars' debate is not a gamer but just a plain idiot ?
Wed 23/07/03 at 18:17
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Don't forget the Dolby Digital.

HOW COULD YOU FORGET THE SOUND?!
Wed 23/07/03 at 18:07
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> - Gets improved versions of multi format games

So does the Xbox. Usually the best version of the game as well end up on the Xbox. Then you have Xbox LIVE + Customisable Soundtracks and I would says its the best console for shooting and racing games. As well as a strong Sega support and some pretty decent exclusive sports titles like Amped.
Wed 23/07/03 at 17:47
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Want a 1500 word article on the pros and cons of the Gamecube? I have no use for it anymore.
Wed 23/07/03 at 16:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's like wimmel but for games instead of backpacks.

here you go:

PS2 - huge catalogue of games
- compatable with PSOne games
- extra features such as the eye toy and dance mat

Xbox - The most powerful console at the moment
- Hard drive negates need for memory cards etc
- Gets top quality PC game ports such as Doom 3 and Quake IV first

Gamecube - Has a large amount of exclusive top quality games
- Extensive first party support
- Gets improved versions of multi format games

VOTE - Gamecube
Wed 23/07/03 at 16:16
Regular
I am writing an article for a future teenage magazine on the whole console wars debate and I need some help from all of you.

Basically, in the article, I want to explain the advantages and disadvantages of each particular console (PS2,Xbox,Gamecube) and which console would be right for them. The conclusion will basically be each person has a different opinion and therefore which console you choose has to be a personal choice but I want to list the pros and cons for each.

If you could help me by just listing 3 pros and 3 cons of either of the 3 consoles then then would really help me. I'm not asking for "Gamecube is the best because.........", what I need is "the pros and cons for Gamecube are as follows".

At the end of your message if you could just put VOTE and then the name of you favourite console then I might include this in the article as some sort of public opinion.

The magazine in question is only a local mag to be published soon and its a non-profit organisation.
I won't be copying your ideas, I just want to find out people's opinions on the matter but I think the vote part will be really interesting to include seeing as you are all obviously dedicated gamers and will be a good comparison of which console is most popular (as sales figures sometimes don't always tell the truth.....).

Thank you very much.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.