GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console wars magazine article HELP NEEDED."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/07/03 at 16:16
Regular
I am writing an article for a future teenage magazine on the whole console wars debate and I need some help from all of you.

Basically, in the article, I want to explain the advantages and disadvantages of each particular console (PS2,Xbox,Gamecube) and which console would be right for them. The conclusion will basically be each person has a different opinion and therefore which console you choose has to be a personal choice but I want to list the pros and cons for each.

If you could help me by just listing 3 pros and 3 cons of either of the 3 consoles then then would really help me. I'm not asking for "Gamecube is the best because.........", what I need is "the pros and cons for Gamecube are as follows".

At the end of your message if you could just put VOTE and then the name of you favourite console then I might include this in the article as some sort of public opinion.

The magazine in question is only a local mag to be published soon and its a non-profit organisation.
I won't be copying your ideas, I just want to find out people's opinions on the matter but I think the vote part will be really interesting to include seeing as you are all obviously dedicated gamers and will be a good comparison of which console is most popular (as sales figures sometimes don't always tell the truth.....).

Thank you very much.
Thu 24/07/03 at 18:34
Regular
I imported mine from Japan with no problems. Its the best version of the game as well.

I have REZ for my Dreamcast but I will get ICO though as I missed it first time around.

Oh and I don't know where you have been but the GTA rumour is no longer a rumour as Vicey City has been CONFIRMED for the Xbox this Novemeber. To avoid the license problems they are just calling it Vice City.

Amped, Project Gotham, Mech Assault, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, Jet Set Radio Future, Dead or Alive 3, Brute Force, Midtown Madness 3 etc all avaialble on PC I presume? No I don't think you will find they are.
Thu 24/07/03 at 18:28
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
El Blokey wrote:
> Rez

That game alone deserves a reply.

Continue :D
Thu 24/07/03 at 18:08
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> PES is available for the Cube now and in Winning Eleven 6: FE I have
> the best version of the PES series yet.

WINNING ELEVEN is available on the Cube IN JAPAN.

> GTA is available on PC and
> Vice City is on the Xbox this Winter.

Xbox GTA is still just a rumour, and the Halo point of 'all PC exclusives' is because most of their games ARE on the PC. GTA is just one example I gave, there's stuff like Gran Turismo, Ico, Rez, Dancing Stage Megamix etc etc

> The DVD player is also poor in
> the PS2 so I aren't using mine for that.

The playback's not bad for something that's free.

PS yuo no wright gud
Thu 24/07/03 at 16:35
Regular
PES is available for the Cube now and in Winning Eleven 6: FE I have the best version of the PES series yet. GTA is available on PC and Vice City is on the Xbox this Winter. The DVD player is also poor in the PS2 so I aren't using mine for that.
Thu 24/07/03 at 16:02
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
XBOX
Pros: Most powerful; excellent all-inclusive online package; has all the best FPS games on their way (Deus Ex, Doom, Half Life and Halo)
Cons: Joypad not ideal for games not specifically designed around it; very few games not available on PC or other consoles; unsightly - hard to fit in the house

GCN
Pros: Best multiplayer options (LAN + exclusives like Mario Kart); cheapest; most exclusive franchises (Zelda, Metroid, Mario etc)
Cons: No DVD support; often misses out on multiplatform games; little to no games in certain genres (ie sports)

PS2
Pros: Backwards compatibility combined with already huge catalogue of games; lots of exclusives unlike any other games (PES, GTA, EyeToy); plays DVDs out of the box
Cons: Only 2 joypad ports; most expensive; least powerful

VOTE: PS2
Thu 24/07/03 at 13:18
Regular
"Watch out soldier another PS2 just got nailed!"

Erm... Perhaps not.

I think that he should send that off to Nintendo and Microsoft as a moral boost.
Thu 24/07/03 at 12:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I think Mini Marc has lost his grip on reality.
Thu 24/07/03 at 12:33
Regular
Heh!

Thats the funniest comment I have read in ages.
Thu 24/07/03 at 11:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Are you talking about the same console market as the rest of us?
Thu 24/07/03 at 09:05
Regular
I think Sony are finally beggining to realise that the PS2 isn't winning the Console Wars any more.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.