GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Golf U.S anyone got it yet?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/07/03 at 09:49
Regular
I ordered a copy from Goblin in May, was supposed to come out on Monday but status on Goblin is still pre-order. Anyone know if it was released on Monday???
Wed 30/07/03 at 12:54
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I prefer Holland
Wed 30/07/03 at 12:49
Regular
"Festivus!"
Think about it though - they have to translate it into about 4 more languages for europe.

I say we ditch France, Germany and Spain.

Belgium can stay.
Wed 30/07/03 at 11:58
Regular
"La Roc Rocs!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> m.o.t wrote:
> This is against European Law to import products originally destined
> for another area to sell them and therefore an illegal act.
>
> ---
>
> Whoops. :-D

Ah well maybe Nintendo should get their **** together and we wouldn't have to "break the law" all i want to do is play their great games a.s.a.p, not 6 months after the Yanks!! and 12 months after the Japs!!!!!!
Wed 30/07/03 at 11:53
Regular
"La Roc Rocs!"
Ooooh errr what have i started!!?? :)
Wed 30/07/03 at 11:45
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
m.o.t wrote:
> This is against European Law to import products originally destined
> for another area to sell them and therefore an illegal act.

---

Whoops. :-D
Wed 30/07/03 at 11:00
Regular
m.o.t wrote:
> This is against European Law to import products originally destined for > another area to sell them and therefore an illegal act.

I think he's speaking BS here. I mean if you asked someone you know in America to buy you a game and send it to you, is this illegal???

Because this is exactly the same case, however instead of the person you know, it's a person you don't know who is buying it and sending it to you.

I think he's just said that to try stop you importing games.
Tue 29/07/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Edgy wrote:
> Unbeliever wrote:
> I'm almost tempted to get a US/Jap GC but that would be playing
> right
> into Nintendo's greedy hands wouldn't it?
>
> Not really - Nintendo are trying to stop people importing all
> together.

I believe that it's a very good idea to import USA/JAP consoles purely because at least you don't need to worry about the freeloader and Action Replay's future. Also what DATEL is doing is illegal i wrote to Nintendo of Europe a while back and recieved this reply..

Dear Mr Turner

Thankyou for your letter concerning game releases in the UK

This is a very complicated issue and it has a great deal to do with European Legislation covering packaging and safety testing in addition to the more obvious changes in language and technical specifications.

You refer to a retailer dealing with imported games and other products. (TQGAMES, closing down :) ) This is against European Law to import products originally destined for another area to sell them and therefore an illegal act. If this was the sole trade that the retailer was concerned with it is no wonder that they are no longer trading. Equally the device you refer to (freeloader :) ) as enabling you to read imported games is regarded as encouraging this illegal trade and has been the subject of some investigation.

There are plans being made be Nintendo of Europe to rationalise the release dates and to make them as far as possible, to be worldwide. There are still a number of difficulties to be overcome but this i am sure will happen

Yours sincerely

Ian Patrick
Nintendo Relationship Manager

Quite interesting, but i doubt very much that they are going to do anything with releases...
Tue 29/07/03 at 14:16
Regular
Unbeliever wrote:
> I'm almost tempted to get a US/Jap GC but that would be playing right
> into Nintendo's greedy hands wouldn't it?

Not really - Nintendo are trying to stop people importing all together.
Tue 29/07/03 at 14:16
Regular
Nintendo can't shut down Datel. Datel are a totally different company and aren't doing anything illegal.

Nintendo may be able to win court procedures against import companies, but when it comes to creating software for a console that does not harm the console in any way, then Nintendo have no say in the matter. They tried sueing Datel in the past over the Action Replay I believe, and lost.
Tue 29/07/03 at 14:15
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I'm almost tempted to get a US/Jap GC but that would be playing right into Nintendo's greedy hands wouldn't it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.