GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWE X8. Quick Poll: is it any good or not?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'WWE Wrestlemania X8'.
Tue 29/07/03 at 22:40
Regular
Might get it this weekend.

Is it any good? A simple yes or no will suffice. :D
Wed 30/07/03 at 22:50
Regular
You can win by Submission etc but its always first fall matches.
Wed 30/07/03 at 22:23
Regular
"8==="
It's always 'first pin wins' isn't it?
Wed 30/07/03 at 22:14
Regular
It will fill in the time nicely before RAW 2. To unlock things all you have to do is use them in the game as a weapon. A funny aspect to the items system is that you can wear some of the items you find. As The Rock I won wearing a Chef's Hat and some nerdy style glasses. Not exactly ground breaking stuff but it makes it a little more fun if you enjoy multi players. A good game to play in multi player is:

Start a Hardcore match,
Pick up and put on 5 items each from under the ring etc,
The person who loses all 5 first loses the match.

Every time you do a powerful move one of your items will most likely fall off. Its quite fun to play when you make up little modes like this :)
Wed 30/07/03 at 22:10
Regular
"8==="
Yeah it sounds like the next gen version of NWO/WCW. Few modes but the engine makes up for it. I'm about to get RAW in a swap so it's nice to konw it is distinct enough to be worth having even though RAW 2 is just around the corner... :)
Wed 30/07/03 at 22:07
Regular
The ground work is there. Look upon it as the foundations for RAW 2. I still enjoy to play it and there are shades of the No Mercy engine in there. Not worth £30 + but for under £15 you can't go wrong. Lots to unlock, awesome visuals and the most life like wrestling models to date. The downsides are the fact that the in game music is annoying and repetitive, not enough core gameplay modes and the roster was quite out of date at the time. The roster problem didn't bother me though as the wrestlers in RAW were taken from when the WWF/WWE was actually worth watching.
Wed 30/07/03 at 22:00
Regular
"8==="
Cool so RAW 1 is a really different game?
Wed 30/07/03 at 21:11
Regular
They gutted the game engine and started from scrath. It will have the same basis but it will be a lot quicker and easier to control.
Wed 30/07/03 at 20:56
Regular
"8==="
I had Def Jam but it sucked multiplayer-wise so it was swapped within a month. Good game though.

I'm getting No Mercy again and RAW to see if I will like RAW 2.

On paper RAW 2 looks excellent but I need to test the engine.
Wed 30/07/03 at 20:12
Regular
Wait for X9, will be 1000 time better.
Wed 30/07/03 at 19:54
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Lipe wrote:
> Well for those of you that care Ultimo Warrior has returned.

Hawk from Legion of Doom too ;-P

Also Ted DiBiase and Animal (whoever they are.)

well in the new Smackdown anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.