GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWE X8. Quick Poll: is it any good or not?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'WWE Wrestlemania X8'.
Tue 29/07/03 at 22:40
Regular
Might get it this weekend.

Is it any good? A simple yes or no will suffice. :D
Thu 31/07/03 at 14:08
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
goood for a cheap laugh when it comes cheap. ONLY.
Wed 30/07/03 at 23:53
Regular
Cheers! I read through them a few days a go. I am very pleased they have gone ahead with Hell in a Cell. Imagine the chaos in a 4 player season mode with a Hell in a Cell involving all of you.

Armageddon 2000 anyone...?

;)
Wed 30/07/03 at 23:45
Regular
"8==="
IGN have a couple of good articles on RAW 2.
Wed 30/07/03 at 23:44
Regular
"8==="
If I like RAW then it's sequel will be high on my 'must have' list.
Wed 30/07/03 at 23:42
Regular
Even on the hardest difficulties I can still finish people off in a matter of seconds rather than minutes. One of my fights on RAW went on for 32 minutes! The ring starts to wear and you can see the sweat marks on it afte a while. Even though the RAW engine felt under developed in places I could see what THQ were aiming towards. I will be biterly disappointed if they don't refine the engine as they promised.

If they stick to what they said then who knows?! It could end up as a sleeper hit for this year :)

(No pun intended)
Wed 30/07/03 at 23:36
Regular
"8==="
The only thing I ever liked about smackdown was the 2/4 player season mode.
It's just a beat-em-up and it's too damn fast.

I'd rather have a sim than a beat-em-up
Wed 30/07/03 at 23:32
Regular
I used to enjoy the Smackdown games. Now the engine is repetitive and old. Its not really a case of "whats not broken doesn't need to be fixed" because to be honest the Smackdown engine is a little too easy to master and it becomes repetitive quickly. THQ are looking into the future with Wrestlemania X9 and RAW 2 and with those on the market I doubt I will be picking up Smackdown 5 when the time comes this November.
Wed 30/07/03 at 23:26
Regular
"8==="
I've beaten all the other wrestlers I have (minus 2 :D ).

WCW/NWO
WCW?NWO revenge
Warzone
Attitude
Wrestlemania 2000 (bit of a git to beat this one)
No Mercy (my crap version)
Legends of Wrestling (gone and best forgotten)
Def Jam Vendetta (Gone too)

I think I beat Royal Rumble on the DC but the game really sucked.

and I haven't beaten the ECW one on the N64 as it wasn't advanced enough over Attitude.
Wed 30/07/03 at 23:19
Regular
Be warned though...

You will get your ass whooped the first few times you play it as the controls seem un-responsive. However give it a few matches and the game starts to unfold and you will know how to break grapples, counter and perform moves quickly.
Wed 30/07/03 at 23:13
Regular
"8==="
Well it's certainly a limited little thing, still it'll make the multi tenser and people will actually have a chance to beat me! :D

It'll tie in well with No Mercy. I need my Ironman matches!!! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.