GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-ZERO GX"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero GX'.
Wed 30/07/03 at 17:02
Regular
Well to be honest i haven't had time to play it, after having to go to a London Hospital for a personal reason. However i have played it for at least an hour and all i can say is SUPERB. I will hopefully be able to answer your questions and do a more In-Depth type of review around this time tomorrow, but if there's any questions about Japanese text, all i can say is there is alot of it and it might put you off, if your interested in the story etc.. However it hasn't stopped me from playing it!!! Sorry about the delay but you can rest assured that it's fantastic and no let-down! :) Sorry again.
Fri 01/08/03 at 01:32
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
this is a good free legal harcore shmup

http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/abandonware/pc/ (space) arcade_action/games_ca_cl/cho_ren_sha_68k.html
Thu 31/07/03 at 21:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Bleeders wrote:
> Psyvariar is IMO the best shoot-em-up available across the next-gen
> formats. The only thing that comes close is Dodonpachi Dai ou jou,
> closely followed by Ikaruga. All IMO of course :)

Ha! This reminds me of a post on gamescentral about people quoting obscure japanese games to show how hardcore they are.
Thu 31/07/03 at 21:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I want.
Thu 31/07/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I forgot to tell you guys about a weird feature that is done once you have won a Grand Prix. Once completed a news report is shown with Captain Falcon standng next to a reporter, He says something like 'Captain Falcon, let me ask you one Question' and then can pick out of 3 questions what to ask him, of course you won't have any idea what you have asked him until the reporter speaks to Captain Flacon as the questions are in Japanese, just a minute a go i picked 'Tell us about your machine' and Captain Falcon talks about it for about 10 secs, it's nothing outstanding but a cool little feature to get some more imformation.

Once you have completed a Grand Prix you must then buy a Story Board item from the items shop for 25 tickets, to unlock another story chapter, once this is completed, another story board has to be unlocked in the items shop and so on!! Fingers crossed some cool items crop up soon!
Thu 31/07/03 at 18:15
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> Bleeders wrote:
> Valentino Rossi wrote:
> Bleeders wrote:
> Next to Zelda and Monkey Ball. This is the next best reason to own a
> GC.
>
> don't forget Ikaruga
>
> Nah, Ikaruga is ghey. Psyvariar is where it's at. ;)
>
> Still waiitng for UK release date last I heard or are you taking the
> pee ? plus it's for the PS2 not Cube

Apparently, it's down for an August release. Not sure when though, but for £15 you can't complain, especially since you get both the Medium Unit and Revision version in one game.

Psyvariar is IMO the best shoot-em-up available across the next-gen formats. The only thing that comes close is Dodonpachi Dai ou jou, closely followed by Ikaruga. All IMO of course :)
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:38
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Bleeders wrote:
> Valentino Rossi wrote:
> Bleeders wrote:
> GC.
>
> don't forget Ikaruga
>
> Nah, Ikaruga is ghey. Psyvariar is where it's at. ;)

Still waiitng for UK release date last I heard or are you taking the pee ? plus it's for the PS2 not Cube
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
}{/-\|2c|<0|23 0\/\/|\|z
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Casual gamers 5|_|><0|2
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:08
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Thanks very much for the positive comments and your right about the logo's being in the 'Item section' It must hold some secrets. Just a quick update, the soundtrack to F-Zero GX and music is also excellent but i couldn't help but laugh at the corny Soundtrack near the beginning of 'Story Mode' listen out for it. Also the game is VERY HARD so casual gamers might easily get fed up! Hope my impressions were informative. :)
Thu 31/07/03 at 15:56
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> Bleeders wrote:
> GC.
>
> don't forget Ikaruga

Nah, Ikaruga is ghey. Psyvariar is where it's at. ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.