GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-Zero GX or Soul Calibur 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Soul Calibur 2'.
Thu 31/07/03 at 22:03
Regular
Hey all,

Wanna get a new game for me Gamecube, I'm going to get it next month, my budget will only allow me to stretch for one game. Going to pre-order either F-Zero GX or Soul Calibur 2 USA versions.

Both are coming out more or less the same time. Which one would you pre-order, I'm stuck, both are great games, I love racing and fighting games.

People help me decide, give me your views on the JAP versions of these two great games.

Cheers all.
Fri 01/08/03 at 00:31
Regular
"8==="
I prefer wrestling games to beat-em-ups because they have more ways to defeat someone and there are usually more options, modes and multiplayer fun to be had.

The exception was Fighters Destiny.
Fri 01/08/03 at 00:24
Regular
I prefer Wrestlmania 18's multiplayer madness myself. I haven't really had a proper go on DOA 3, and when I did, it was the first time I used an Xbox and I hated the controller. When I watched my mates play it though, it did look really good with the scenery breaking and stuff.
Fri 01/08/03 at 00:19
Regular
Depends which wrestling game though. Dead or Alive 3 is an awesome fighting game with a fast, reponsive and decent fight engine. RAW on the other hand is much slower with a game engine which lacks. Therefore in that instance Dead or Alive 3 is going to score higher.
Fri 01/08/03 at 00:17
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Dead or Alive 3: 100 hours + in survival mode
>
> I would say that was pretty decent reply value.
>
> ;)

Yeah, but MK doesn't have that and if you ask me 1 on 1 multiplayer fighting get's boring. That's why wrestling games are good even if you hate wrestling. 4 people brawling out in many different match types and overall they have a hell of a lot more to do. I don't see why wrestling games get a crapper score than these fighters 'cos in my opinion they're alot better.
Fri 01/08/03 at 00:13
Regular
Dead or Alive 3: 100 hours + in survival mode

I would say that was pretty decent reply value.

;)
Fri 01/08/03 at 00:12
Regular
Fighting games have no lasting appeal. It wasn't long before I got bored of Mortal Kombat.
Fri 01/08/03 at 00:10
Regular
I can't see whats so special about the original Soul Calibur. Its just a different version of Tekken. Definitley not as good as people said.
Fri 01/08/03 at 00:06
Regular
F-Zero

Nothing special about Soul Calibur
Thu 31/07/03 at 23:16
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Pringle28 wrote:
> I ahve seen moving clips of f zero and it dosnt look that amazing.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thu 31/07/03 at 23:11
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I perosnally am looking forward to sould calibur more than F zero. I ahve seen moving clips of f zero and it dosnt look that amazing. Some of the courses are mental though!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.