GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F-Zero GX or Soul Calibur 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Soul Calibur 2'.
Thu 31/07/03 at 22:03
Regular
Hey all,

Wanna get a new game for me Gamecube, I'm going to get it next month, my budget will only allow me to stretch for one game. Going to pre-order either F-Zero GX or Soul Calibur 2 USA versions.

Both are coming out more or less the same time. Which one would you pre-order, I'm stuck, both are great games, I love racing and fighting games.

People help me decide, give me your views on the JAP versions of these two great games.

Cheers all.
Fri 01/08/03 at 22:38
Regular
"8==="
da_1_n_only wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Personally I'd rather get a decent wrestling game.
>
> On the cube, yeh lets see Wrestlemania 18 sucked

*nods*

> Wrestlemania X19 looks good,

*nods*

> but nothing will beat the Smackdown
> series.

Shakes head vigorously to indicate "NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Smakcdown is a lame excuse for a wrestling game"
>
> Although there is this one good wrestling game out in Japan, I think
> its called Naruto, I think thats the wrestling game, read a review in
> the Cube mag a few months back.

Well there is Def Jam vendetta actually.

I was talking about my preference of wrestling games over most fighters.
Fri 01/08/03 at 20:27
Regular
X9's gonna lay the smackdown on all you lame ass mofo's.
Fri 01/08/03 at 19:27
Regular
The Smackdown series is dated, the engine needs to be modified and they need to seriously think about actually putting an extreme difficulty as I have been playing through Smackdown 4 lately and its too easy to win.. I honestly believe that RAW 2 will wipe the floor with any competiton. I read some previews from sites which slated the first and some of them even went as far as saying it was the best wrestling game to date.
Fri 01/08/03 at 18:56
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Hedfix wrote:
> Personally I'd rather get a decent wrestling game.

On the cube, yeh lets see Wrestlemania 18 sucked, it was bad very bad. Wrestlemania X19 looks good, but nothing will beat the Smackdown series.

Although there is this one good wrestling game out in Japan, I think its called Naruto, I think thats the wrestling game, read a review in the Cube mag a few months back.
Fri 01/08/03 at 18:53
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Both games are good in there own ways.

But which one would be more fun to play in multiplayer mode. F-Zero GX is 4 players, which is cool when mates come round, Soul Calibur 2 is also good, my mate always tells me to get Mortal Kombat, I go forget that, its good but Soul Calibur 2 is way better. We all like fighting games and racing games. Got the original Burnout, and we all play that, got Super Smash Bros, we all play that as well.

Hmmm
Fri 01/08/03 at 10:26
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I have both and can tell you that you have a VERY hard decision to make. I must say however that F-Zero GX does have different options. Remember you can't make your own machine, pick it's colour and add cool logo's then race them in Soul Calibur 2. Also F-Zero GX is quite difficult nand you can rest assure that there's loads to unlock. However Soul Calibur 2 also has Loads (and a mean loads) of cool things to win and i didn't really get stuck in Story mode at all so it's pretty easy. Both have numorous amount of modes but there's something about F-Zero GX that makes it the winner!!

Overall it's a very difficult decision and it IS up to you!!! but i would pick F-Zero GX. Is there any games you could get rid of for money and then buy both?? GoblinDirect are selling USA imports for about £33.99 if you become a member for around £15 for 6 months! Good Luck :)
Fri 01/08/03 at 01:23
Regular
"8==="
EA did.
Fri 01/08/03 at 01:21
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
It must of been an acclaim one then, but there was also another one that I tried that was equally dire.

Did midway ever do any?
Fri 01/08/03 at 01:18
Regular
"8==="
AKI's engine in the THQ games was fantastic. But if it was an Acclaim one I can quite understand.
Fri 01/08/03 at 01:16
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
tigamilla wrote:
> I tried one from both of those companies (I think) early N64 days
> admittedly but the matches seemed to go on and on with loads of wierd
> meters all over the screen and inflexible characters...

It was around the same time I got a taste of the Tekken series and well comparisons were inevitable...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.