GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AJ has Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour'.
Fri 01/08/03 at 15:38
Regular
w00tage!

What a quality game. The hitting system is slightly different; A to start the swing, then A for topspin or B for backspin on the ball, and Z to swerve, with the C-stick doing the camera work. The controls are good, and certainly better than previous Mario Golf games.

The graphics are brilliant! Great backgrounds, detailed grass and the water effects are quality. The trees look nice as well. The landscape is just amazing. Characters look great too. The intro looks great, and it's comical as well.

The audio is much different than it has been in previous games. It's more 'bouncy' than before, and it's not as relaxing, but I suppose it keeps you on your game... or something. :-D The characters are all cool, and they sing songs before you pick them. Heheh.

Speaking of characters, there's the usual lot; Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, DK, Bowser, Peach and Daisy. But there's also new characters - Diddy, Boo, etc.

There's just so much to do. Tournaments, hit the ball through rings, speed golf, coin challenge, and about 4 other modes. And on top of that there's a great multiplayer. It's too fast for my liking though, speeding through shots. Ah well.

Ooh, and when I was getting the game, NGC were on the phone asking for a copy to be sent to them for review. Which means I've got the game before them, and therefore am better than them. Haha. And apparently, I'm one of the first people in Britain to get this game. So go me.

Sooooo, all of you, go and buy it now. Or import. Yeah, import it, seeing as there's no official release date for here (and it's rumoured January 2004). IMPORT!

Enough of the bragging, off to play Toadstool Tour. w00tage! :-D
Sat 09/08/03 at 22:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
£15 usually.
Sat 09/08/03 at 21:10
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Freeloader is a cd that you insert into your Gamecube that, once it has done its stuff, allows you to play NTSC games, ya?

How much does this nifty piece of kit cost?
Sat 09/08/03 at 13:21
Regular
"^_^"
it's golf...
Fri 08/08/03 at 23:20
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> To be perfectly honest, I would never consider Tiger Woods over Mario
> Golf, simply because its too damn realistic about such an awful real
> sport.

I'll pretend you didn't mean that.

A golf simulator is gay, but real golf kicks ass.
Fri 08/08/03 at 20:33
Regular
"Remember me?"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Ooh, and when I was getting the game, NGC were on the phone asking for
> a copy to be sent to them for review. Which means I've got the game
> before them, and therefore am better than them. Haha.

LOL!!!
Fri 08/08/03 at 20:29
Regular
My copy of Mario Golf should be arriving tommorow. Me hopes.
Mon 04/08/03 at 10:23
Regular
"La Roc Rocs!"
This games rocks!!
Pretty easy at the beginning, but presume it'll toughen up later.
And my Freeloader works just fine with it!! Hurrah.
Sun 03/08/03 at 22:16
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Smashamof wrote:
> Is it similar to the monkey golf game on SMB 2?

---

Similar in a few ways, but much better in terms of controls, graphics, and generally everything.
Sun 03/08/03 at 22:15
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
m.o.t wrote:
> I love this game!!! However i'm not sure i like the 'Auto' swing. You
> only need to press A once and if you do full power (which isn't hard
> to do) you hit 'Nice Shots' all the time, a disadvantage is the game
> is a little too easy but an advantage is that everyone who plays it
> will get good at the game very quickly, so this means in multiplayer
> mode there is never a quick victory, me and my dad were drawing right
> until the end (and it was my dad's first go) and it adds alot of
> competiton, Brilliant. :)

---

Press B at the top and you don't have to put up with the auto swing. If you press A to start the swing, then B, you can control what happens next manually; A or B for just a normal shot, A-A for topspin, and B-B for backspin.

I don't use the auto controls, as once you've gotten into the game, they're really needless. It's still brilliant, though.
Sun 03/08/03 at 18:16
Regular
"French the Fries!"
Is it similar to the monkey golf game on SMB 2?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.