GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AJ has Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour'.
Fri 01/08/03 at 15:38
Regular
w00tage!

What a quality game. The hitting system is slightly different; A to start the swing, then A for topspin or B for backspin on the ball, and Z to swerve, with the C-stick doing the camera work. The controls are good, and certainly better than previous Mario Golf games.

The graphics are brilliant! Great backgrounds, detailed grass and the water effects are quality. The trees look nice as well. The landscape is just amazing. Characters look great too. The intro looks great, and it's comical as well.

The audio is much different than it has been in previous games. It's more 'bouncy' than before, and it's not as relaxing, but I suppose it keeps you on your game... or something. :-D The characters are all cool, and they sing songs before you pick them. Heheh.

Speaking of characters, there's the usual lot; Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, DK, Bowser, Peach and Daisy. But there's also new characters - Diddy, Boo, etc.

There's just so much to do. Tournaments, hit the ball through rings, speed golf, coin challenge, and about 4 other modes. And on top of that there's a great multiplayer. It's too fast for my liking though, speeding through shots. Ah well.

Ooh, and when I was getting the game, NGC were on the phone asking for a copy to be sent to them for review. Which means I've got the game before them, and therefore am better than them. Haha. And apparently, I'm one of the first people in Britain to get this game. So go me.

Sooooo, all of you, go and buy it now. Or import. Yeah, import it, seeing as there's no official release date for here (and it's rumoured January 2004). IMPORT!

Enough of the bragging, off to play Toadstool Tour. w00tage! :-D
Fri 01/08/03 at 15:38
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
w00tage!

What a quality game. The hitting system is slightly different; A to start the swing, then A for topspin or B for backspin on the ball, and Z to swerve, with the C-stick doing the camera work. The controls are good, and certainly better than previous Mario Golf games.

The graphics are brilliant! Great backgrounds, detailed grass and the water effects are quality. The trees look nice as well. The landscape is just amazing. Characters look great too. The intro looks great, and it's comical as well.

The audio is much different than it has been in previous games. It's more 'bouncy' than before, and it's not as relaxing, but I suppose it keeps you on your game... or something. :-D The characters are all cool, and they sing songs before you pick them. Heheh.

Speaking of characters, there's the usual lot; Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, DK, Bowser, Peach and Daisy. But there's also new characters - Diddy, Boo, etc.

There's just so much to do. Tournaments, hit the ball through rings, speed golf, coin challenge, and about 4 other modes. And on top of that there's a great multiplayer. It's too fast for my liking though, speeding through shots. Ah well.

Ooh, and when I was getting the game, NGC were on the phone asking for a copy to be sent to them for review. Which means I've got the game before them, and therefore am better than them. Haha. And apparently, I'm one of the first people in Britain to get this game. So go me.

Sooooo, all of you, go and buy it now. Or import. Yeah, import it, seeing as there's no official release date for here (and it's rumoured January 2004). IMPORT!

Enough of the bragging, off to play Toadstool Tour. w00tage! :-D
Fri 01/08/03 at 15:40
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Oh, and before you ask, yes it does work with Freeloader. Perfectly.
Fri 01/08/03 at 15:44
Regular
"Hmmm....."
duz it wrk wiv da freeloada???

hehe
Fri 01/08/03 at 15:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You should all thank me for the convincing part of this purchase.
Fri 01/08/03 at 15:49
Regular
Where did you get it from as I am thinking of importing this?
Fri 01/08/03 at 15:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
CA Games, yar?
Fri 01/08/03 at 15:51
Regular
I will get it providing I can find a site without extra import charges.
Fri 01/08/03 at 15:56
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It cost £50
Fri 01/08/03 at 16:01
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Fifty pownds.
Fri 01/08/03 at 16:01
Regular
That including everything? Could I have the address please sir?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.