GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"£20? Thats a bargain!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/08/03 at 19:52
Regular
Whilst walking through town today I strolled off into a local video game store and picked up Medal of Honour Frontline. Before seeing it in the classics range I wouldn't have dreamed of picking it up but I thought what the hell :)

So far so good and its a surprisingly decent title. I rented it last Christmas but didn't really play it through properly and I only got about half way through. This time however I have taken it slower and gone through the game with a lot more care making sure all enemies are taken care of and that I try to avoid serious damage etc.

Anyway back to the point. For £20 I recommend that you give this game a look for sure. Its not a blockbuster by any means (despite the spectacular opening level) but its a decent FPS game with some classic Medal of Honour gameplay. Highly recommended for £20!

On a side note I got a job today :) After months of searching I finally managed to get a foot in the door. With the spare cash around I can look forward to the gaming period ahead as theere are many GameCube and Xbox titles I want. I can use the money to pick up the PS2 games I missed out on as well :)
Thu 10/02/05 at 23:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I really like RTCW offline - much better, and the second mission (the first was cack, the one in Egypt) - with the X-Planes, and the large canyons, was awesome.

As was infiltrating the lab in Norway, and discovering the X-Creatures.

Quality average fun. Online it was hilarious, if only for me and Lt. Hetherington mucking about.
Thu 10/02/05 at 23:40
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Its so poor there's much better games to be had for £20!!
Thu 10/02/05 at 11:38
Regular
Strange sense of humour. "Hey you forgot something..."

HAHAHAHAAH... yeah...
Thu 10/02/05 at 11:35
Regular
"8==="
Anyway don't take it too seriously, it was just meant to be funny, which it was, MUCHO!. :)
Thu 10/02/05 at 11:33
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Hate to urinate on your bonfire but I admitted a few posts down I
> forgot all about this thread, I was wrong. If that was the sole
> purpose of the exercise congrats!

Yeah, pretty much.

>
> Aside from that all I see is a thread about a game that I clearly
> enjoyed playing at some point but afterwards thought it was dull. I
> reiterate, we don't all have time to post every single opinion about
> every game. By the time I had finished the game this thread was most
> likely pages down.

And yet this was the second time you'd been back to it. But anyway.

>
> It would take an incerdibly sad b*stard to scroll pages back to
> update a thread most normal people would have forgotten about, don't
> you agree?

5 mins, and it was funny enough to be worth the 'effort'.

Anyway if you can go through half of and then come back to play all of MoH you'll probably really enjoy going through Halo 2's single player. :D
Thu 10/02/05 at 11:25
Regular
Hate to urinate on your bonfire but I admitted a few posts down I forgot all about this thread, I was wrong. If that was the sole purpose of the exercise congrats!

Aside from that all I see is a thread about a game that I clearly enjoyed playing at some point but afterwards thought it was dull. I reiterate, we don't all have time to post every single opinion about every game. By the time I had finished the game this thread was most likely pages down.

It would take an incerdibly sad b*stard to scroll pages back to update a thread most normal people would have forgotten about, don't you agree?
Thu 10/02/05 at 11:20
Regular
"8==="
Just to remind you what it does proove:

Hedfix wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
>
> Halo 2 is bog standard across the board, no outstanding qualities
>
> No that's MoH, which you thought was great.

ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> and as for getting mixed up, mabye you have me mixed up with someone
> else.
>
> Since the original on the PSONE every console Medal of Honor game has
> sucked transexual testes. I must have said that a dozen times.
>
> Allied Assault, Spearhead and Breakthrough on the PC are fun to play
> but Frontline and Rising Sun are baaaaaaad.
>
> So no, the thread doesn't exist.
Thu 10/02/05 at 11:18
Regular
"8==="
60 clicks = hours?

5 mins.
Thu 10/02/05 at 11:17
Regular
Oh and whilst I am at it, I will give you a list of other games that I enjoyed initially but found them extremely dull afterwards. With all this time you have, you cvan create a thread for me especially dedicated to sad b*stards who spend hours looking for old threads that don't prove anything other than an opinion at the time of posting.

Muchos!
Thu 10/02/05 at 11:15
Regular
"8==="
But you went back to play it through properly anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.