GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm very pished off at the minute!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/08/03 at 18:40
Regular
A while a go I told my Dad not to let my little brother go on the GC cos he'll screw sumerts or other up. When I get home from work today I find out that my Dad let my little bro on the GC and yes, like I said,he screwed sumerts up. He decided to go on Zelda and got himself stuck, therefore he couldn't be bothered to continue. Instead he decided to copy my mates file over his file and then realised that he couldn't change the name of the character. For some reason he then went into memory card manager and tried to copy the files onto another memory card. The problem was that he tried to copy the files onto my action replay hardware thinking it was a memory card. And then, this gets worse, he decides to delete the file on the original memory card (he said it was an accident, but how can it be an accident when it asks you to confirm the deletion) for whatever reason I don't know, therefore my Zelda file is no more.

As his punishment I have banned him from the GC unless I'm playing with him (so that means no more Zelda for him) and tommorow I'm going uptown to by myself a lock to put on my games draw so this will never happen again.

This isn't the only time he's deleted files off one of my consoles, therefore that is the reason why he was not allowed on the GC without my permission in the first place. My Dad said "I didn't think he'd be that stupid". I told my Dad he's 11 for fecks (in different wording), what do you expect!

When I tell my mate his file was deleted he's goin to be pished. He was very nearly at the final boss.

RANT OVER
Sun 03/08/03 at 18:40
Regular
A while a go I told my Dad not to let my little brother go on the GC cos he'll screw sumerts or other up. When I get home from work today I find out that my Dad let my little bro on the GC and yes, like I said,he screwed sumerts up. He decided to go on Zelda and got himself stuck, therefore he couldn't be bothered to continue. Instead he decided to copy my mates file over his file and then realised that he couldn't change the name of the character. For some reason he then went into memory card manager and tried to copy the files onto another memory card. The problem was that he tried to copy the files onto my action replay hardware thinking it was a memory card. And then, this gets worse, he decides to delete the file on the original memory card (he said it was an accident, but how can it be an accident when it asks you to confirm the deletion) for whatever reason I don't know, therefore my Zelda file is no more.

As his punishment I have banned him from the GC unless I'm playing with him (so that means no more Zelda for him) and tommorow I'm going uptown to by myself a lock to put on my games draw so this will never happen again.

This isn't the only time he's deleted files off one of my consoles, therefore that is the reason why he was not allowed on the GC without my permission in the first place. My Dad said "I didn't think he'd be that stupid". I told my Dad he's 11 for fecks (in different wording), what do you expect!

When I tell my mate his file was deleted he's goin to be pished. He was very nearly at the final boss.

RANT OVER
Sun 03/08/03 at 18:44
Regular
It's not hard to get onto the last boss.

My brothers 11.

He plays Zelda.

I kept a backup copy just in case, but, I never needed to.
Sun 03/08/03 at 18:47
Regular
I know it's not hard, it's just the hours of gaming I've put into it, doing most of the sidequests and stuff, and I can't really be assed to do it all again but I need to, to complete it.
Sun 03/08/03 at 18:53
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Why don't you just hide your memory card? Or give him one of his own.
Sun 03/08/03 at 18:56
Regular
Burn him
Sun 03/08/03 at 18:57
Regular
You want a solution?

If you've got the lead that goes in the back of the TV that came with the Gamecube, switch round all of the wires in it, if you don't, Burn him.
Sun 03/08/03 at 18:58
Regular
Starlight wrote:
> Why don't you just hide your memory card? Or give him one of his own.

I do most of the time, but on times when I'm in a hurry I often forget. The main thing that pis*ed me off though is my Dad. I told him not to let him, he said he wouldn't but he did.
Sun 03/08/03 at 19:00
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> You want a solution?
>
> If you've got the lead that goes in the back of the TV that came with
> the Gamecube, switch round all of the wires in it, if you don't, Burn
> him.

He know's how to sort the wires out and It would take me ages as the back of my TV is full with wires.
Sun 03/08/03 at 19:01
Regular
Yes, but would he be intelligent enough to check there?
Sun 03/08/03 at 19:05
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> Yes, but would he be intelligent enough to check there?

Yep, cos I've done it before.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.