GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buying Stuff from Ebay."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/08/03 at 20:18
Regular
I'm one of the very few who have never bought anything from Ebay, and I don't have a clue how the thing works. So I would like to know if anyone here has bought anything from there, and how payments are made.

I'm looking for Toy Story 2 for either the Dreamcast or Playstation (there is one on ebay just now, but I can't buy stuff till the weekend), and Toy Story for the MegaDrive. If anyone has these and wants to sell them then we can maybe talk, but I would like some advice about Ebay.

Thanks in advance.
Wed 17/09/03 at 18:44
Regular
I would of purchased if off you - But i've already read it :P

Good book aswell.
Wed 17/09/03 at 18:38
Yar - 0-672-31598-X

Or at amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ ASIN/067231598X/ref=sr_aps_books_1_1/ 026-4695974-3258048

Price has gone down there, but my book is still in excellent condition.
Wed 17/09/03 at 18:34
Regular
Hmmmm.

Got the ISBN?
Wed 17/09/03 at 18:26
£7 inc P&P? Retailed at £14.99, it's called Pure Visual Basic.
Wed 17/09/03 at 18:11
Regular
VB book? How much?
Wed 17/09/03 at 17:13
Erk, still 2 away from 50. At the mo I can sell a VB book, lots of magazine DVDs and CDs, an A Level computing book and the official XBox launch mag with video. Hmm.. what else? Maybe the PS Experience stuff.
Tue 16/09/03 at 21:11
Regular
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISA (SP) PI.dll?ViewItem&item=2192525252

5 more to come tomorrow. It's hard changing the page for each item. And also, having to change the images in the header. Bah. :cD It takes an hour per item (Spider-Man had lots of extras for me to type up).
Mon 15/09/03 at 22:05
Regular
doakey wrote:
> the ones with no feed back or one
> or two, be very careful of, as they might have just registered a new
> account to try and fiddle something

I generally disagree. I have two feedback...should people be careful of me? Everyone starts somewhere.
Mon 15/09/03 at 11:17
Regular
"beginner"
Hi
I use ebay to buy and sell, and I think it is brilliant, once or twice, people have tried scams on me but with ebay checking and security they have not managed it. the main thing is to deal with people with good feed back, as they are very keen to get more feed back, and so give you a good deal, the ones with no feed back or one or two, be very careful of, as they might have just registered a new account to try and fiddle something, and not care about getting bad feed back, as they will just register under another name. If you are having a problem paying, just contact the seller and provided he has good feed back you will get all the help you want, or if Pay pal is available, just click on that logo or button, even if you are new to pay pal you will find it very very simple to open an account and immediatly pay pal will credit your account with $5.
All the best
doakey
Sun 14/09/03 at 11:53
Regular
"One More Chance"
I'm in a crazy baseball type eBay mood. I've bought two baseballs. One Baltimore Orioles cork cushioned one, which I use everyday and one Tampa Bay Devil Rays display ball, which is well, on display.

And I've also been bidding on packs of baseball cards with guaranteed autograph and memorabilia cards in them.

All from America too. I love eBay.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.