GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vhayste - cheating?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/03/07 at 12:51
Regular
I wrote a very long walkthrough recently (which hasnt been posted yet) and was looking through the latest walkthrough entries. Vhayste has blatantly copied and pasted about 6 walkthroughs. I know I cant really talk, but just double checking that copying and pasting a walkthrough is cheating. Can someone please confirm that he is?
Thu 29/03/07 at 20:33
Regular
Ok. Honestly didnt mean it to look like that....just shows how intelligent you are :-)

Next time I will do this.
Hope to write another bfv walkthrough like this soon.
Thu 29/03/07 at 20:05
Regular
"Captain to you."
Really you should just put in your walkthrough that you have used information from somewhere and include a link, that way it doesn't just look like you have ripped off more things and hoped to get away with it.
Thu 29/03/07 at 19:26
Regular
Chippxero wrote:
> I didn't see this thread if i had i would have posted this
> earlier.
>
> originally i was going to let the staffies deal with this, but i
> think he has some cheek posting this thread when he has been
> ripping off other sites every time.
>
> Nickgreens latest walkthrough has a fair amount of information
> copied and pasted from the offical site.
>
> I did report it to the staffies but i guess they let him get
> away with it. Although personally i think if any of the
> walkthrough isn't yours it should be able to win.
>
>
> nick greens walkthrough

>
> Offical
> site

>
> Check the bottom of his walkthrough and the bottom of the
> official page. there are parts stolen most of the way through
> it.
>
> As for Vhayste he can't win anyway as he lives in the
> Philippines.

Thanks for spotting this, but I know an awful lot about this game. Honestly =D I did refer to the official website for help with the last few weapons only because I didnt know what else to put (both sets of weapons e.g. assault, do the same sort of job on both teams and so I didnt want to write the same thing over and over)
Thu 29/03/07 at 08:16
Regular
"I do not live here!"
Sibs wrote:
> Think Chip meant this (there were two 'http://'s in his link):
>
> click
> here

Congrats dude, I saw your name and you're a winner. :)
Thu 29/03/07 at 07:58
Regular
"I do not live here!"
Thanks for clearing things up guys, specially to you, sir Spoonbeast. Im really afraid that such accusations can hurt my hard earned reputation and I humbly apologise if what I did actually created such commotion.

But please let me just post here like I normally would on other sites; Im not after the prize and Im sure Im not eligible anyway. I just wanted to share my knowledge. :)

Kawada: I haven't anything got anything yet and I don't expect anything, anyway. Sorry buddy ;)
Wed 28/03/07 at 19:16
Regular
"eat toast!"
Well it was last week, so it shouldn't have been sent yet. Better send another email and fast. Better still plaster it all over the website board or in the stickys.
Wed 28/03/07 at 16:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
spoonbeast wrote:
> your link doesn't work.

ops, yeah fixed it now.

personally i just think it's bad that considering how long a walkthrough seems to take to get on the site in the first place, staffies aren't checking that they have been copied, and then they are awarding GADs to ones that are.
Wed 28/03/07 at 15:39
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I've only ever posted like two walkthroughs and I have to agree a lot of work goes into them. My Hitman:Blood Money one took forever and a day to write and I was absolutely thrilled that it was awarded a GAD. I sympathise with everyone who spends the age to write them only to find they're work appearing elsewhere. Vhayste, basically that's why some people are jumpy here when finding work. I believe that you worked hard and I congratulate you on any prizes win with them. Somehow, £30 isn't quite enough for the immense amount of work - but it's better than a poke in the eye. I'm grateful for anything really :D

As I'm a member here, I refuse to allow it appear anywhere else than on freeola (see, I love this place), without prior consent. If it does appear, I could imagine things getting nasty - especially if people were benefitting off it in a monetary (sp) sense.

And I would like to say thank-you to a Mr Whitcombe who left me feedback from the Hitman walkthrough. Actually made my day that I helped somebody out and they took the time to tell me so, as well as give some alternative methods. Cheers!
Wed 28/03/07 at 15:06
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Think Chip meant this (there were two 'http://'s in his link):

click here
Wed 28/03/07 at 14:53
Regular
"eat toast!"
your link doesn't work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.