GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buying new games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/08/03 at 12:41
Regular
Gonna get a new game soon any suggestions? Need a new FPS? Thinking bout Morrowind also? Ne 1 know of any good deals in the shops?
Fri 08/08/03 at 11:43
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Hedfix I think you're over reacting here.
>

Ok. I quoted all that stuff because DM claimed it wasn't fun for the first 50 hours.
Fri 08/08/03 at 11:39
Regular
Hedfix I think you're over reacting here.

3 of us gave our opinion and said it was a boring piece of beardy filth. Never said anyone who likes it is wrong and that their opinions suck, we just gave ours.

If you said Zelda was crap i'd just shrug and go about my business. End of the day, not everyone's gonna like the games I play.
Fri 08/08/03 at 10:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Is it like Dark Chronicle on PS2?
Fri 08/08/03 at 10:54
Regular
"8==="
Cool.

I'm definately going to play Morrowind today. :D
Fri 08/08/03 at 10:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've got a +1 Enchanted Toothbrush.

Seriously though...what the hell are you guys talking about?
Fri 08/08/03 at 10:50
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hedfix wrote:
> Yeah I got it a while back.
*Doh*
Sorry.

I initially found it a bit boring when I played, thought "Er...so what?" and put it away.
Then I got back into it and have been playing the same game, same character for 2 months now. Some nights are marathon 6-7 hour sessions, others are just fighty 10 min go's.

My bloke is a Redguard.
I've got some fiece weapons, including a Daedric Katana that has a slash rating of about 34, but it's enchanted so does +37 fire damage as well.
Which means when I use it, you're looking at about 70 points of damage.
Nothing can withstand me.
And I have a snazzy robe over my Orcish armour.
Boots of blinding speed, the magic cuirass that prevents me from being blind and so much magic.

And that sounded so incredibly geeky I hang my head in shame
Fri 08/08/03 at 10:48
Regular
"8==="
Well that's your opinion but that doesn't mean it's a terrible game which no-one will enjoy.
Fri 08/08/03 at 10:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You didn't like it, Hedfix did.

*shrugs*
Fri 08/08/03 at 10:46
Regular
"8==="
Yeah I got it a while back.

I was quoting those old posts of mine to show that Morrowind does not have to be played for 50 hours before it gets interesting. :)

You get out of it what you put in (explore explore explore etc).
Fri 08/08/03 at 10:45
Regular
"Remember me?"
Fair enough, you found it fun. But I didn't. It's boring, it's tedious and it's tiresome. Yes, three things that basically mean the same thing, which just goes to show how bored I was playing it.

So I took it back and got Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, a game that I couldn't put down for days... and I'm not into strategy games at all. Surely that shows just how crappy I found Morrowind to be?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.