GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do we want Nintendo to do?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/08/03 at 17:56
Regular
Well, here is a place where devoted Nintendo fans can concisely voice their views on what Nintnedo should do - realisticly of course, to improve sales, market profile (i.e in FHM, Mace Griffin is not on Cube, and there are no Cube ads, despite an excellent GBA SP one, and it says 'the millions they have lost on Gamecube' about Ninty) and most importantly dispel the ridiculous anti GC attitude.

I mean, Game Boy has a great name, but both the N64 and now the Cube (to a lesser but still worrying amount) are seen as rubbish.

Outline your proposals here. Petition anyone? Meh.....
Fri 08/08/03 at 11:39
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I think he's trying to say your complete unwillingness to see what the PS2 could offer you hampers your judgement regarding certain issues.

Or he's just a PS2 fanboy playing devil's advocate.
Fri 08/08/03 at 11:44
No.

I mentioned earlier that Cube owners are obviously satisfied with what nintendo currently offer, which is why they need to expand into more "adult" (as it is termed) themes to tempt those people who do not own Cubes.

Hedfix then goes on a rant as to how happy he is with Nintendo, proving my point, and then bizarrely comes out screaming he'll never own a PS2 for no reason.
Fri 08/08/03 at 11:48
Regular
"8==="
Sorry I thought you might have been saying I owned a PS2 as you made a point saying PS2 owners weren't happy with the Cube.

I thought you might have got me confused with a PS2 owner as you said I proved your point.

At first I thought you meant I proved the 'happy with Nintendo' point you made

Then I thought you were being sly and saying I was a PS2 owner as I wasn't entirely happy with Nintendo. (hence the PS2? Nooooooo! post :D )

I got confused as to which point of yours I was proving.

My bad.
Fri 08/08/03 at 11:49
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix wrote:

> I got confused as to which point of yours [you thought] I was proving.
>
> My bad.
Fri 08/08/03 at 11:50
Apology accepted, Captain Needa.
Fri 08/08/03 at 11:56
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Unbeliever wrote:
> No. Online play is an overratted experience. Personally I couldn't
> care less.

---

Yeah, maybe you couldn't care less, and to be totally honest, neither could I, but look at the support Xbox Live is now getting as it has a top selection of games out and some more on the way.

Online gaming doesn't impress everyone, but it will get sales and create a larger user-base for Nintendo, and that is what they want.
Fri 08/08/03 at 12:17
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
That's a fair point.
Fri 08/08/03 at 14:40
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Online gaming is far better than I thought it would be.

No doubt about it, Nintendo will implememnt it, but only when they are really ready.
Fri 08/08/03 at 14:44
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> What do we want Nintendo to do?

Sack that Iwata dude and get a new marketing team in.

Nintendo needs focus and intelligence.
Fri 08/08/03 at 15:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Nintendo need to realise that Europe isn't filled with Japanese people.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.